Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Mike325 is offline I like to ride on the fence!
    Verified LEO

Don't have the votes? Change the voters..

Senate Committee Approves Union Bill Wednesday | NBC 4i

I think the thing that burns my ass the most about this is the fact that I'm going to take a 15% pay-cut (loss of pension pickup + a mandate that I pay 20% of my insurance premium) despite the fact that my city is financially sound and doesn't need to make these cuts. This law also allows local municipalities to open up current contracts to renegotiate IMMEDIATELY, and as a final kick in the balls, instead of binding arbitration, the city council now gets to make the final decision on contract issues.

Reca is offline Administrator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Im with ya Mike!
    Check your feelings at the door!

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Wow.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Mike325 is offline I like to ride on the fence!
    Verified LEO
    They fucking did it again during the real senate vote this afternoon, passed 17-16 thanks to the removal of another dissenting republican.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Sorry this is happening.

Those of you in Ohio, call your representative and say that you'll vote for his/her opponent in the next election if he/she votes for this. Get anyone in your state who sympathizes to do the same. It looks like it's going to be close so your House could still stop this.

If it passes anyway, remember who voted for this and vote for their opponents the next time they have to stand for election. Any law that passes can be repealed.

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike325 View Post
    Senate Committee Approves Union Bill Wednesday | NBC 4i

I think the thing that burns my ass the most about this is the fact that I'm going to take a 15% pay-cut (loss of pension pickup + a mandate that I pay 20% of my insurance premium) despite the fact that my city is financially sound and doesn't need to make these cuts. This law also allows local municipalities to open up current contracts to renegotiate IMMEDIATELY, and as a final kick in the balls, instead of binding arbitration, the city council now gets to make the final decision on contract issues.
    So has there been legislation approved to the ORC that changes the percentage that the employer contributes to the pension? The way I read it I thought they were referring to additional pension pick up. Is it retroactive?

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    This has to go to the house now. They made about 100 pages of amendments to get it passed. I am guessing that the house will get rid of a lot of the amendments so that it is not as watered down as the senate made it in order to get it passed. This is truly bad for us who work as public employees in Ohio.

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Reca" on Officerresource.com

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I heard on the Cincinnati news station that this will probably have to be put on a ballot for the people to vote on. What they are saying is that it will probably get on the 2014 ballot because they don't want to screw up the 2012 ballot for Obama. I also heard on the news that it is likely to be overthrown when given to the public to vote on.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Owner
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    I heard on the Cincinnati news station that this will probably have to be put on a ballot for the people to vote on. What they are saying is that it will probably get on the 2014 ballot because they don't want to screw up the 2012 ballot for Obama. I also heard on the news that it is likely to be overthrown when given to the public to vote on.
    I really hope there is some truth to that! 450,000 ohio workers this will affect no way it will pass. Plus the other unions will stand behind us

Thread Information