Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Crazy.....

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Crazy.....

I'm positive we have all seen the images from Japan, this one is unreal..................

Raw Video: Tsunami wave smashes boats and cars
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Incredible.

It looks like a bathtub overflowing!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Insane and very sad...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    There have been a few images - a road split perfectly down the painted center line, huge pleasure boat coming to rest on an apartment building half its size - that would be funny under another circumstance. Just random chance with each. That there are multiple examples of such unlikely things is another reminder of the scale of this tragedy. I don't think I've quite grasped how big it is yet.

Traffic Goddess is offline soon to be "Law Goddess"
    South-Central PA or somehere on the Chesapeake Bay aboard our boat!
    I find it amazing how civilized the people of Japan have remained during this incident. No looting, people waiting patiently for food, water, the use of a phone.
    This would never happen in the US....sad.
    Remembering Officer Richard Phelps, Lemoyne (PA) PD, EOW- 7/11/89

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Goddess View Post
    I find it amazing how civilized the people of Japan have remained during this incident. No looting, people waiting patiently for food, water, the use of a phone.
    Very true...but this has a lot to do with the fact that the United States is based on individualism. As an individualistic society, we tend to look out for ourselves. Though, truth be told, the looters and those types of individuals are generally the exception, not the rule. In a society that values the good of the whole as opposed to the good of one, they are less likely to do the same things we would. Instead, they opt to be patient because they are sure help will come eventually. Everyone has their breaking point, however.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Traffic Goddess is offline soon to be "Law Goddess"
    South-Central PA or somehere on the Chesapeake Bay aboard our boat!
    I'm a little confused as to why we haven't heard about how Taiwan is doing. I would think that they had to have been effected in some way by this and they (along with China) are the ones that would probably be in the most danger of radiation fall-out.

This all really freaks me out because I remember very clearly what it was like living through TMI. I was in middle school and they ushered us all into the bomb shelter under the school. I ended up having to go home with the principal because my dad was trapped in York by roadblocks and my mom was helping to evacuate Middletown by driving a school bus.
    And now, I can walk out my front door and see the twin towers of TMI. I love my home but, yes, it still sends a chill down my spine.
    Remembering Officer Richard Phelps, Lemoyne (PA) PD, EOW- 7/11/89

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Traffic Goddess View Post
    True,and having been through Katrina,(this appears to be worse) I can agree ,TO AN EXTENT,as (I think) Irishmick,stated,in the U.S. we are individuals,in Japan,they tend to be "followers" which BTW,pretty much led to a small thing called PEARL HARBOR and the beginning of WWII for the U.S..Japan has paid its dues for that action,and I hope and pray they can get things right with the reactors.

Thread Information