Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Traffic Goddess is offline soon to be "Law Goddess"
    South-Central PA or somehere on the Chesapeake Bay aboard our boat!

Unfeeling Media Idiots

Last night, I was on facebook and saw a post from my local abc station that bemoaned the fact that we would be experiencing a period of time when we would not be receiving Japanese import vehicles!

Of course, I couldn't let that go...I mean, hey...who cares about all of those people that have been killed and still are in danger from those nuclear reactors? Who cares about all of the people still trapped in the rubble and those that have lost everyone and everything that they care about? We need those cars, dammit.

Way to go, abc27...morons.
    Remembering Officer Richard Phelps, Lemoyne (PA) PD, EOW- 7/11/89

Actual post:

abc27 News
    Cars made in Japan may become scarce in US - abc27 News
    Cars made in Japan may become scare in US - abc27 News
    abc27 News - Home
    Many Japanese branded cars are made here in the U.S., but certain models come only from Japan. Local dealers wonder how long the supply will last with production halted for now.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    eh...it doesn't seem all that insensitive to me. It's another (of what will end up being a TON) of the reprecussions from the horrible EVERYTHING that's going on in Japan. To me, it just helps drive home the magnitude of everything that's happening over there...plus this will deeply effect the US economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Bob-
    It wouldn't have pissed me off as much if it hadn't been the first thing this station has posted on Facebook about Japan since March 11th. And, they are pretty prolific with their posts. Granted, most of the latest posts have been about the Clouse family that lost seven of their eight children in a house fire and the ensuing worries as to whether the Westboro idiots would be showing.

I agree that there is a time and place for discussion as to how this disaster will effect our local economies but it should also be tempered with reports of what the Japanese people are still facing and how we, as human beings and a nation, can help.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    valid point
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'd suggest not watching their station anymore.

That's why I don't subscribe to our local paper anymore.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information