Welcome to the APBWeb.
    IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Protester, which is right?

To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    Thats what the protestors want a reaction got what they deserve I feel, might make them think about what they are doing in future.
    As for the guy who got out of his car violence is very rarely the answer and you won't win an arguement with people who have such blinkered views as your average protestor they are truly indoctrinated by politics or religion in most cases.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Not quite sure how I feel about that. Though I am against the overall treatment of the prisoners in Gitmo, I don't agree with the way those kids were protesting it. However, they do still have the right to protest.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Like most people who are against interrogation they bitch about what's being done but haven't a clue what to do. I suppose if we gave terrorist's a cookie and a warm glass of milk they would cooperate.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I hear they prefer Big Macs. Me, I'd go for the cookie.

What can I say? That ear looked familiar!

I'm not impressed with their protest. Using crucifix positioning suggests a weekend retreat at a Ramada attending a Mapplethorpe Institute's "artistic shock value" seminar. Frankly I'm surprised the hood style protests are still going on - it took this incident to get them any attention.

But regardless of the artistic quality of their protest, or even its message, this was an assault. A trivial one to be sure, but I say let's just treat it as such, see if the court's time can be better spent elsewhere if the parties can reconcile, and then let the world go back to not knowing about their protest.

Quote Originally Posted by Standard Dave View Post
    might make them think about what they are doing in future.
    Dave, I'm usually right with you and you went on to say violence is very rarely the answer (in this context) so there's no argument from these quarters. I'm just wondering what you'd have them rethink in response to that.

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post

Dave, I'm usually right with you and you went on to say violence is very rarely the answer (in this context) so there's no argument from these quarters. I'm just wondering what you'd have them rethink in response to that.
    I think that some of these protestors and the like go out to provoke a reaction from people, if you intentionally provoke people what can you expect to happen they will become upset, angry, irrational etc and what do people do in those states.

If you intentionally provoke another person you have to ask who is in the right, who has the moral high ground.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

Thread Information