Welcome to the APBWeb.
    pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...

Teenaged brothers charged with sex crimes

It is amazing the age that these folks started their crimes...

SANTA ROSA COUNTY, Fla. (WALA) - Brothers from Milton face sexual battery charges for multiple acts against two girls.

Okay, I couldn't help noticing one's name...

Johnnie Skinner, 19, and his 18-year-old brother Richard could face life in prison if convicted on multiple counts of sexual battery on a child under the age of 12.

"Both are very serious offenses, on-going offenses that occurred over a period of time,” said James Parker from the Florida State Attorney’s Office.

Full story;

Milton brothers charged with sexual assault | Fox10tv.com
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

dot4x4 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    "Authorities believe the Skinners were between seven and 17-years-old during the time of the abuse. During the time frame in question, the two alleged victims were between six and 12-years-old."

Above quote is from the article in question.

This happens more than you would imagine. Off the top of my head I can think of two minors in just the last year that have come in with similar charges. One was 12, the other was 10. Both are believed of previous behavior. Sex crimes have no age that they start. Just because I choose to work with "kids" does not make them any less dangerous or sophisticated then the adults in prison for the same crimes.

One thing that almost made me quit is the fact that in CA a sexual predator that was charged as a minor can have their charges sealed when they turn 18. There is a very limited set of cases in which a minor can not have his record sealed. One case in particular was hard as the kid had "repented" and wanted to be a child counselor when he was older. He saw absolutely no problem with his actions as "God has forgiven" him.

Thread Information