Welcome to the APBWeb.
    APB Guest

El Monte Man Charged with Creating Phony Army Unit

A Chinese national has been arrested on charges he started a phony Army special forces unit and recruited more than 100 Chinese nationals into the unit by providing them with false documents and uniforms for a fee, the District Attorney’s office announced.

Yupeng Deng, aka David Deng, was arrested this morning by Los Angeles County Sheriff’s deputies on a felony complaint for arrest warrant filed Monday by the District Attorney’s office, said Deputy District Attorney Richard Ceballos. The 51-year-old El Monte resident is scheduled to be arraigned on Wednesday at Pomona Superior Court, Department N. He is being held on $500,000 bail.
    https://local.nixle.com/alert/4677521/?sub_id=80899

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Schemers are everywhere. On a side note we just had several ROTC uniforms stolen from our high school.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Wait...he started a purportedly American unit? Or a Chinese one?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Thread Information