Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

San Francisco activist groups stage musical protest at Bank of America, denouncing it for not paying taxes

US Uncut, in collaboration with The Ruckus Society and Brass Liberation Orchestra (BLO), kicked off Tax Day weekend (Friday afternoon 4/15/11) in San Francisco with a flashmob at Bank of America and told them to "PAY UP!"

Bank of America is the #1 largest bank and the 5th largest corporation in the U.S., but it pays less in taxes than the average American household! If they and their corporate tax dodger friends paid their fair share of taxes (like the rest of us), we wouldn't 'need' to slash community services in the budget.
    Video here:

StoleIt is offline Officer First Class
    So does that mean I can dance around the other ~47% of American households that don't pay any taxes also?

Not that I am excusing any company/corporation of their responsibility to pay taxes. I just want to know where the PC line is.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Businesses don't pay taxes. Tax code compliance and payments are part of business overhead which is figured into the price of their goods and services, as well as dividends to share holders.

That means you and I pay taxes every time we buy something from a business, it's factored into the cost of whatever we are paying. As well as hitting us in our retirement and 401K.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The last two replies are known as truth fastballs:

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Beat me too it.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by StoleIt View Post
    So does that mean I can dance around the other ~47% of American households that don't pay any taxes also?

Not that I am excusing any company/corporation of their responsibility to pay taxes. I just want to know where the PC line is.
    Find me a household that doesn't pay any taxes and I'll write you a dance routine. You supply the miniskirt and sequins. That's my PC line.

Ok, so that's a syntax error in saying "any" instead of "Federal Income" and I had my fun. Don't you wonder who benefits in promoting this statistic? Anyone want higher taxes? Not I. When did we agree we wanted our taxes lower and theirs higher? Hey wait, isn't that what the other side says? Political wonks get paid well to divide us along those lines.

Both political parties conclude their message with "tax them more": the difference is the "them". Huh, those sneaky political bastards. Both sides are selling us the same bill of goods. Then they use us to promote spending which results in more taxes for everyone. All this while telling us to squabble amongst ourselves, because, obviously it's no fault of theirs. We should just buy them trips, offices, and finery of their choosing because they serve us.

What a game. If I wasn't the most expensive PPV mankind has known I might find it amusing to watch. As it is, I see no cause for dancing.

Thread Information