Welcome to the APBWeb.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    McCrackhd's Avatar
    McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-08-10
    Location
    Mobile (Original home of Mardi Gras)
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    456722

    MPD officers investigated

    Several of our officers are being investigated for working side jobs while on duty. Sadly, one of them is a good friend of mine. Rumor is that it goes pretty high up the chain, but that'll probably be brushed away. Gotta love the "Good ol' boy network"!

    MPD Cracking Down On Double Dipping | MOBILE, Alabama
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?


    I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

    RMFT-Bama fans get it

    The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

  2. #2
    Cidp24's Avatar
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    07-17-06
    Location
    Crossroads of the Sunny South
    Posts
    8,131
    Rep Power
    3999638
    Got to be careful. Several officers around here who were security at apartment complexes where they lived got burned for just answering calls and lockouts while on duty a few years back.
    *************************
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    *************************
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)


    Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

  3. #3
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-16-06
    Location
    America, 2505 A.D.
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    3732206
    One time a buddy called me when I was on duty and asked me to swing by one of our banks because the bank people were there late and didn't want to walk out to their cars in the dark all alone. Being a nice guy, I obliged...pulled into the parking lot, they walked out and I'm done. 15 seconds TOPS. Well, turns out that escorting the bank personnel out to the parking lot is a function of my buddy's off duty gig there and he couldn't make it. I got jammed up for "working an off duty while working." Didn't get so much as a free beer out of it from my friend. Part of my punishment was having to give a 5 minute speech to my shift about the policy that forbids working an off-duty job while on duty. Still a little pissed about that one...it was 4 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

  4. #4
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357018
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    One time a buddy called me when I was on duty and asked me to swing by one of our banks because the bank people were there late and didn't want to walk out to their cars in the dark all alone. Being a nice guy, I obliged...pulled into the parking lot, they walked out and I'm done. 15 seconds TOPS. Well, turns out that escorting the bank personnel out to the parking lot is a function of my buddy's off duty gig there and he couldn't make it. I got jammed up for "working an off duty while working." Didn't get so much as a free beer out of it from my friend. Part of my punishment was having to give a 5 minute speech to my shift about the policy that forbids working an off-duty job while on duty. Still a little pissed about that one...it was 4 years ago.
    Wow. That is an actual call that falls under a "public assist" for us. One bank ask for an escort while they load up the ATM. They have a security guard, but he is not allowed out of the bank per the bank policy.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  5. #5
    McCrackhd's Avatar
    McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    12-08-10
    Location
    Mobile (Original home of Mardi Gras)
    Posts
    498
    Rep Power
    456722
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    One time a buddy called me when I was on duty and asked me to swing by one of our banks because the bank people were there late and didn't want to walk out to their cars in the dark all alone. Being a nice guy, I obliged...pulled into the parking lot, they walked out and I'm done. 15 seconds TOPS. Well, turns out that escorting the bank personnel out to the parking lot is a function of my buddy's off duty gig there and he couldn't make it. I got jammed up for "working an off duty while working." Didn't get so much as a free beer out of it from my friend. Part of my punishment was having to give a 5 minute speech to my shift about the policy that forbids working an off-duty job while on duty. Still a little pissed about that one...it was 4 years ago.
    That's jacked up!! Howcome you got in trouble, and not him?
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?


    I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

    RMFT-Bama fans get it

    The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

  6. #6
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-16-06
    Location
    America, 2505 A.D.
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    3732206
    Not sure why he never caught any heat over it. I was going to fight it, but it was a minor discipline letter (disappears from your file after a year) so I figured it wasn't worth the hassle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

  7. #7
    Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    04-16-06
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    4,122
    Rep Power
    6563842
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Wow. That is an actual call that falls under a "public assist" for us. One bank ask for an escort while they load up the ATM. They have a security guard, but he is not allowed out of the bank per the bank policy.
    Same here... We'll send someone to escort anybody, subject to staffing needs. Honestly... I'd rather walk 'em to the car than work a robbery or assault.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

    TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

    "Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

    All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

  8. #8
    pac201's Avatar
    pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-26-08
    Location
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    Posts
    1,110
    Rep Power
    872608
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    Same here... We'll send someone to escort anybody, subject to staffing needs. Honestly... I'd rather walk 'em to the car than work a robbery or assault.
    Same here.
    Job security...

    Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

  9. #9
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,367
    Rep Power
    4817856
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    One time a buddy called me when I was on duty and asked me to swing by one of our banks because the bank people were there late and didn't want to walk out to their cars in the dark all alone. Being a nice guy, I obliged...pulled into the parking lot, they walked out and I'm done. 15 seconds TOPS. Well, turns out that escorting the bank personnel out to the parking lot is a function of my buddy's off duty gig there and he couldn't make it. I got jammed up for "working an off duty while working." Didn't get so much as a free beer out of it from my friend. Part of my punishment was having to give a 5 minute speech to my shift about the policy that forbids working an off-duty job while on duty. Still a little pissed about that one...it was 4 years ago.
    No good deed goes unpunished....

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •