Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Wandering police department gets Kenneth City mayor's attention

KENNETH CITY The mayor finally had had enough.

For months, Teresa Zemaitis had been frustrated by the Kenneth City Town Council's refusal to listen to her complaints about problems in the Police Department.

So the mayor of this town of 4,980 sicced the sheriff on her own department.
    Wow.

Police Chief Douglas Pasley used his town-owned car to visit such places as Orlando, Ellenton and the State Fair.

Pasley and two of his officers regularly spent time on duty having breakfast at the Bob Evans restaurant across from Tyrone Square Mall in St. Petersburg. The two officers did not have their computer/GPS systems turned on when traveling to and from the restaurant even though they were on duty.

Kenneth City police officers frequently venture out of Kenneth City on duty.
    "I felt that I would not be diligent as mayor if our largest department was not running efficiently and I did not do something about it," Zemaitis said Thursday.

So Zemaitis turned to Pinellas County Sheriff Jim Coats, who agreed to do an investigation at no charge.

"We have done this before," sheriff's spokeswoman Marianne Pasha said Thursday. "It is not out of the ordinary for a city official or a law enforcement official from another agency to ask for the sheriff's assistance."
    Deputies also conducted surveillance on Pasley and other officers. They asked Zemaitis if they could put a GPS tracker on the chief's car to make the job easier. She said yes.

Good grief. Talk about a mess.

Wandering police department gets Kenneth City mayor's attention - St. Petersburg Times
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Going to have to side with the mayor on this one.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Broke Hoss is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Sounds like the problems are deeper than just the PD, but I think it obvious they have a problem.
    Blessed are the the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. MATT 5:10

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Don't know. Some of that doesn't seem like a big deal to me. How far away is St Petersburg? I work in a small jurisdiction, and we've been known to go a little outside for a meal. Still got the radio, and we're close enough to get back quick. And who doesn't at least know of, if not know personally, an officer who spends much of their shift in one hideaway or another? It ain't right, and it's a supervision failure -- but it's not unheard of.

And it's pretty clear that there's some bad blood between the mayor and at least the chief...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    I'm a little surprised that the county did the investigation. I would have thought that it would fall on the state to look into it.

Looking at google maps, Kenneth City looks to be IN St. Pete. From PD door in Kenneth to PD door in St. Pete is 6.8 miles.

Turning off your GPS to go eat though automatically looks suspicious.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyme View Post
    Turning off your GPS to go eat though automatically looks suspicious.
    That will get you just about fired at my place. Lying about it will get you a firing squad.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information