Welcome to the APBWeb.
    gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO

AirTran Pilot Arrested at MSP for Being Over a .04

Alleged drunk AirTran pilot arrested at Minneapolis airport | kare11.com

This wasn't my call. There are a couple nice shots of one of our squad cars though
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Great...too much fun at the layover hotel the night before I guess...

The captain is a Federal Flight Deck Officer which means he is authorized to carry a firearm on the plane.

AirTran says they don't know if the pilot was armed during the arrest. The captain was released and the incident is now under investigation and charges are possible.
    If he's an FFDO, why wouldn't he be...?
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiGywer View Post
    Great...too much fun at the layover hotel the night before I guess...

If he's an FFDO, why wouldn't he be...?
    They do have the option of locking the gun in an on board locker. While I highly doubt he was smart enough to do this if he was stupid enough to attempt to fly the plane at that BAC, there is a chance.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    They do have the option of locking the gun in an on board locker. While I highly doubt he was smart enough to do this if he was stupid enough to attempt to fly the plane at that BAC, there is a chance.
    But chances are slim to none he will be on the same plane flight after flight
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    No, I mean they have a lock box in the cockpit to leave the gun in for restroom trips and the like.

So there is the small chance that he was smart enough to place the gun in said lockbox instead of wearing it on his hip after boarding the plane.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Thread Information