Welcome to the APBWeb.
    bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Greetings from Croatia

Well, we arrived in Germany on Fri the 13 and all went well. Thursday sucked as they had to replace a fuel pump in an engine of the plane in Detroit; but we made it. After spending some time in Wurzburg, we headed out and spent the first night on the road outside of Salzburg, Austria. BTW, the fuel (diesel which our car, a Ford Maxi "S" van uses) costs around $7.00 per gal, give or take some. leaving the next morning we drove thru Austria, Slovenia, arriving in PULA, Croatia early in the afternoon. Our accommodations, 3 BR, 2 Baths and two balconies are great. Weather is fine and since were near the Adriatic, we have a nice breeze. It is hard to explain this place. 1st. Most speak German, Italian and English, so getting around is no problem. Most shops take Euro. The exchange rate for US$$ is 5.03 Kuna to one US$. So, a nice meal with drinks can run as high as 2-300 kuna. Not bad. Food is somewhat Italian in nature, Lots of fish, pork and chicken with some beef. Beer .5 ltr is about $4. 2d. The towns are a bit seedy looking, but real safe. Remember, this place had a war a few years ago (ethnic cleansing and all that good stuff), but if you like "old world charm" this is the place. Most everyone seems to have a car; from MBs, BMW, Audi's down to junky Fiats. Even saw an old YUGO. I guess you can say the rich have it made, the poor are poor and the middle class is struggling to get along although I saw no beggars, homeless, drunks staggering around and only ONE Gypsy. (they seem to be allover western Europe, but this is considered eastern Europe - the Slavic part.

Right now, it is about 2000 hrs and people are about so I guess I'll go. My beer is getting warm. So, Ciao and stay safe.

If my spelling isn't what it should be, I apoligize as the spell check isn't working????

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Sounds like you're having fun! Stay safe!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Look out for the homemade rakija.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Look out for the homemade rakija.

Motorwaycop is online now Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    The coastal areas of Croatia are supposed to be very nice, very popular with Brits.

Good to hear you're having a great time on your road trip.

Really watch out for the Gypsies, especially the women even if they have a babe in arms. They target other women handing them the baby as a distraction.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Thread Information