Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

L.A. County to pay nearly $5 million in deputy's SUV crash

The deputy was drunk when his sheriff's SUV collided with a smaller car, seriously injuring the other driver — who was high on methamphetamine and opiates.
    LINK
    Accident settlement: L.A. County to pay nearly $5 million in deputy's SUV crash - latimes.com

Wow, huge payout. The deputy was in the wrong but it sucks that a doper gets the payout.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Moran, a Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy, was convicted of drunk driving and sentenced to six months in jail. He managed to keep his job with the Sheriff's Department
    Say what??
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    ok, Deputy was legally drunk, in a unit, going to an assignment - take your shots on that one...

Deputy and a jackhole get into a traffic crash - Jackhole tests positive for all kinds of heavy narcotics AND has said narcotics on and about his person...

I understand that 2 wrongs don't make a right, but COME ON... $5 MILLION OF TAX PAYERS DOLLARS??????? to a transient???

especially when (from the article) there was conflicting stories on who ran the red light that caused the traffic crash...

charge that moron with possession, and Driving Under the Influence of Narcotics - and make him pay for the damages to the unit and lost wages to the Deputy out of his winnings from the county...

I hate asshole administrations who throw money at problems without thinking about the precedent it is setting - that is one HELL of a pay out...

fucketh himmeth...
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You think thats bad? There was a deputy at my old county that got in a fight at a bar, pulled a gun on someone (after trying to take the guy's wife home), drove drunk when fleeing the bar, got in a wreck, then fought CHP when they arrested him. He is still working and got told to not do it again. The union pulled ADA crap for him because apparently acoholism is a disability.

Talked to the Sheriff after that. He was pissed, cause he couldn't dicsipline him. Did I mention that the deputy was an asshole? He was the source of over half the complaints filed against the deputies.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Thread Information