Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Tuscon shooter Jared Loughner declared too mentally incompetent to stand trial

Less than an hour after an angry outburst prompted the removal of accused Tucson shooterJared Loughner from a federal courtroom, a judge determined that he is not competent to stand trial.
    In making his decision, US District Judge Larry Burnsrelied on the findings of two forensic mental-health professionals who evaluated Mr. Loughner at a federal prison complex in Missouri. Psychologist Christina Pietz and psychiatrist Matthew Carroll independently concluded that Loughner lacks a clear understanding of the legal proceedings and exhibits an irrational distrust of his attorneys a significant impediment to assisting in his own defense.
    More here: Jared Loughner erupts in court before Judge declares him unfit to stand trial - CSMonitor.com

dot4x4 is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Wow, just wow. So how do the local laws work in this case? Does he stay in the Mental hospital until cured then he stands trial? Or does he get "cured" then walk? I have strong feelings that I hope he ends up dead. Cant say more as I am at work.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They can order "restoration" if at all possible.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

sharminB is offline Rookie
    Jared Lee Loughner, the man accused of a January 8 shooting spree in Tucson, Ariz., has been ruled incompetent to endure trial. Loughner was pulled out of the courtroom by United States Marshals after making a mad episode on Wed. Loughner deemed incompetent to stand trial, newstype.com. The purpose of the proceeding was to determine only whether Loughner is competent to stand trial. In the state of Washington, this means that he is able to understand the charges that have been brought against him and is mentally capable of participating in his own defense.

Thread Information