Welcome to the APBWeb.
    213th is offline Solipsist

Trooper had 5x legal limit BAC

An Alaska state trooper has been charged with drunken driving nearly two months after police say he drove a state-owned SUV into two vehicles in Eagle River, court records show.
    The veteran trooper investigator, Eric Burroughs, had a blood alcohol level more than five times the legal limit to drive, even hours after the collisions, according to charges filed in court this month.

Burroughs, 44, fled from one of the accidents, leaving his front license plate at the scene, charges say.
    Burroughs showed signs of impairment the night of April 8, when Anchorage police found him slumped inside the unmarked, blue Ford Explorer issued to him by troopers.
    A trooper for 13 years, Burroughs is now charged with drunken driving and failing to report a collision, both misdemeanors. He has not worked since the incident and remains on paid administrative leave, collecting $3,649.50 in pay every two weeks, troopers said.

Read more: Trooper charged with DUI in unmarked state vehicle: Crime | Alaska news at adn.com

Sad to hear, AST has always seemed to be such a professional dept with high standards. They don't need another black eye like Mike Wooten.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sad to hear he brought his problems to work
    Glad to hear no one was hurt by his senseless behaviour.
    I'm sure he will be punished in a number of ways.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Y'know what? I'm not defending the guy -- but I'm not throwing him under the bus, either. Nor am I throwing the agency under the bus.

Seems like the guy had problems. He made a bunch of bad decisions. He's out of a job, for sure. Maybe he'll at least get the wake up call to actually deal with the problems.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    .08 the legal limit in AK? Five times that is lethal.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    There was a juvenile I;ve arrested a few times at my old agency. He was a .42 the first time and a .41 the second. Never have seen him below a .20 He was walking and talking fine. His baseline seemed to be around a .25-.30
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    There was a juvenile I;ve arrested a few times at my old agency. He was a .42 the first time and a .41 the second. Never have seen him below a .20 He was walking and talking fine. His baseline seemed to be around a .25-.30
    we used to have a frequent ER visitor that regularly clocked in around the .40-.50 range. I think "used to" is the proper terminology because I haven't seen her in a few years, presumably because she's dead
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post

Roger that. I've seen "professionals" as I call them. For most people anything at or above .30 is a big problem. North of .30 I'm taking to the hospital because our jail will require it. The people you are talking about would have more of a problem passing a sobriety test sober than if they were at .20, they would probably have the shakes if they were sober or close to it.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

213th is offline Solipsist
    Yes, he registered .40 on the blood test
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I've seen a .42 driving, walking and talking. The latter two rather well for the circumstances. When his wife picked him up she said he wakes up and gets a beer. He doesn't stop until bed time. I bet he wakes up at .15 or better. I think alcohol is like any other drug, you build a tolerance.

As for the trooper, I'll bet you don't make it through 13 years and make investigator by being a drunk or a screw-up. Something has happened to alter his judgement. Thank God no one was hurt. He will pay dearly for this and I hope it's a wake-up call or trigger that makes him get himself straight.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Guy has a definate drinking problem, and I hope he gets help for it.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    My .39 last week was driving perfectly, walking fine, and had speech like someone .08 ish. I only stopped him because he was one half of the domestic I had just finished, I found out that he was suspended when i ran him for wants, and while I was clearing the domestic, he comes driving by.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    The blood was drawn at least a couple hours after the crash, it seems. It's very possible that, at the time of the crash, he was still going up. Might only have been in the upper or mid .30s area... Crests out while he's at the hospital, and a blood draw done shortly after the peak is what's tested.

Like others have said -- this wasn't a rookie who fouled up. There's something going on. Whatever else, I hope he gets the help he clearly needs.

One other thing occurs to me, and I am not trying to blame or fault anyone. But you don't develop a problem to that point in a vacuum, either. If you realize one of your partners is going down that road -- do what you can to help them get off it. They may not take the help -- but don't live with an "if only" either.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Thread Information