Welcome to the APBWeb.
    213th is offline Solipsist

Finally! WI CC law passes

I'm sure all of you have heard me moan about the ban on concealed carry in my state, despite the state supreme court ruling that it was unconstitutional.

Well, finally, we are returning constitutional rights to the people

UPDATE: Governor Walker signs concealed carry into law - WKOW 27: Madison, WI Breaking News, Weather and Sports.

DANE CO (WKOW) -- Governor Walker signed the concealed carry bill into law Friday -- making Wisconsin the 49th state to legalize the carrying of concealed weapons.
    That means it'll be legal to carry concealed firearms fourth months from now: but a permit, and training, is required.
    "I'm going to be taking the training myself and be one of the first people to sign up for a permit," Walker said at the signing ceremony in Rothschild.
    Wisconsin's version of concealed carry will allow it to happen in most public buildings; it will still be banned at schools and courthouses.
    Concealed carry bills had been close to becoming law in the past, but were vetoed by former Governor Doyle, who maintained a proliferation of gun carrying citizens would erode public safety.
    But Walker, with support from both democratic and republican lawmakers, maintained concealed carry was an extension of the constitutional right to bear arms, and had sparked no increase in gun violence in the other states where it has been legal.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Amen.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    'bout damn time!!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    How long before the libtards piss themselves?
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good on'em. This leaves only the people's republic of Illinois that is practically commie now, right?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Good on'em. This leaves only the people's republic of Illinois that is practically commie now, right?

As far as I know, you are correct.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    There are still states (People's Republic of Kalifornia) that although they allow CCW, it's not "shall issue" and you can't get one unless you are politically connected.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    There are still states (People's Republic of Kalifornia) that although they allow CCW, it's not "shall issue" and you can't get one unless you are politically connected.
    Most rural areas in CA will issue a CCW with out a problem. It's the city areas that you can't.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    How long before the libtards piss themselves?
    Some areas of CA might just be a sea of urine. LA and SF come to mind. They can fall off into the ocean and I wouldn't bat an eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    This is much the case in areas such as Los Angeles and San Francisco where the libtards dominate.

Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Most rural areas in CA will issue a CCW with out a problem. It's the city areas that you can't.
    Unfortunately, my county is one of those that has rural and urban. I am one block within the city limits. Maybe I need to move out to the country.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    It must be Chicago that is dragging them down. Probably the libtards at it again.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Illinois is the last holdout.

Now we need a reciprocity law.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Always happy to hear good news.

What's the training requirement? Keep us updated.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Govier still expressed concern the law's training requirements were minimal, but Walker said sheriffs and law enforcement officers he consulted with felt the training component was sufficient.
    Some is better than none.

Grant County sheriff Keith Govier reacted to the bill's signing with praise for compromises to the bill's earlier versions. In those versions, no training or permitting was required.
    It's always the "no training" required that bothers me. Just strap on a pistola, an uncle mikes strap snap holster cross draw style and cover it with a T shirt and yee haww.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post

It's always the "no training" required that bothers me. Just strap on a pistola, an uncle mikes strap snap holster cross draw style and cover it with a T shirt and yee haww.
    There are several states that do not require a permit to carry concealed. Alaska is one, VT I believe doesn't either and I think NH is considering removing the requirement to get a permit (not training there either, just apply and if you have no criminal history it is granted).

Personally, I can see the argument for training, but the constitution does protect the right to keep and bear arms, and I feel that covers open or concealed. We don't currently require any training to exercise any other rights.

Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    Always happy to hear good news.

What's the training requirement? Keep us updated.
    So far it only says firearm safety course. It sounds like any type of course, including online courses, would suffice as long as they teach firearm safety. I'm wondering if my military training would count, but I do have hunters safety and so far it is being said that that will suffice.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    So far it only says firearm safety course. It sounds like any type of course, including online courses, would suffice as long as they teach firearm safety. I'm wondering if my military training would count, but I do have hunters safety and so far it is being said that that will suffice.

In MN any law enforcement firearms training counts towards your firearms training when getting your CCW. So I would hope your military firearms training would be applicable.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post

We have no requirements. No permit, no training requirement. Just don't break the law or do anything stupid. Rarely do we have problems.

We do have a permit and process so Alaskans can have reciprocity with other states but it isn't required here.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    There are several states that do not require a permit to carry concealed. Alaska is one, VT I believe doesn't either and I think NH is considering removing the requirement to get a permit (not training there either, just apply and if you have no criminal history it is granted).

Personally, I can see the argument for training, but the constitution does protect the right to keep and bear arms, and I feel that covers open or concealed. We don't currently require any training to exercise any other rights.
    True but I have personally observed the reality of firearms and no training. Oh well, it is what it is. At least Wisconsin now has the option of at least a CC permit. That beats what they did have.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information