Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lcsodre108 is offline DUI Persecutor

Woman Doused with Gasoline

Woman Doused with Gasoline
    Posted on 5/2/2006 9:00:24 PM

A Lonoke County man is behind bars after he allegedly doused his girlfriend with gasoline. Tuesday, the woman said she's lucky to be alive and is relieved that her former boyfriend is being held without bond. Now, she's worried that once he gets out he'll find her. FOX16's Jennifer Akers investigated and found out the man accused of the crime has a long rap sheet that includes battery.
    After being doused with gasoline, Linda Hammonds said she didn't think she was going to live to talk about it. "My brother said he had a lighter, but the lighter wouldn't go off," said Linda Hammonds. Forty-nine-year-old Albert Remely is accused of trying to set Hammonds on fire. He's charged with several crimes including aggravated assault, terroristic threatening, and fleeing from police.
    Lonoke County Sheriff Jim Roberson said if the lighter did ignite, Hammonds would have been in trouble. "She had quite a bit on her. It would have burned if he got her lit," said Sheriff Roberson.
    Hammonds said Remely was heavily drinking, and had threatened to get his gun and shoot her. She then called police, which set him off. "I heard the door, and saw him with the gas can, he was throwing gas on me, and I could feel it all over my back, said Hammonds.
    When deputies got to the house, Remely took off on foot. Police found him lying on the ground next to a gasoline can. In his hand he was holding a lighter. "One deputy went for the lighter, one went for the gas can, and then we took him into custody," said Roberson.
    Hammonds said she's had trouble with her live in boyfriend before. FOX16 uncovered that this isn't the first time Remely's been in trouble with the law. In 1986 he was charged with second degree battery. In 1995 he was charged with kidnapping and assault charges, and possession of a firearm.
    Once again, Hammonds is in jail, being held without bond. He's expected to be back in court for his arraignment in the next few days.
    www.alliedoddballs.com
    I can't do this test when I am sober!

Respect My AUTHORITAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lcsodre108 is offline DUI Persecutor
    What was not reported was that the SOB got a face full of FOX OC for his trouble.
    www.alliedoddballs.com
    I can't do this test when I am sober!

Respect My AUTHORITAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Information