Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Bet you don't have a check box for THIS....

....in your crash forms.

Alliance police: Semi-truck stuck under bridge because driver could not read signs

ALLIANCE, Ohio - A semi-truck became stuck under an Alliance bridge because the driver claimed he could not read warning signs.
    The incident happened around 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the railroad bridge on North Union Avenue.
    According to Alliance police, 31-year-old Tihomir Bezbradica was cited for failure to obey a traffic control device.
    The maximum height of a vehicle passing under the bridge is 12 foot 6, according to warning signs in the area. Bezbradica told police that he couldn’t read the signs because they are only in English and he is from the Ukraine
    Alliance police: Semi-truck stuck under bridge because drive could not read signs

In related news, the award for media typo of the day goes to:

Crews had to unload the thousands of pounds of mental on the semi before the truck could be removed, police said.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    The maximum height of a vehicle passing under the bridge is 12 foot 6, according to warning signs in the area. Bezbradica told police that he couldn’t read the signs because they are only in English and he is from the Ukraine
    This could have been prevented if the signs had Ukrainian translations on them....

Crews had to unload the thousands of pounds of mental on the semi before the truck could be removed, police said.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If he can't read English, or understand arabic numbering, then how in hell did he get his CDL??
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    What a nimrod. Height signs use numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    If he can't read English, or understand arabic numbering, then how in hell did he get his CDL??
    Obama probably gave it to him.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

ms1600 is offline Neither here nor there
    In Soviet Russia, you do not check height of truck, height of truck checks you.
    Verified Libra- There sure are a lot of people born in August around here.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes he gets you.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Dumbass. He should have told the officer on scene that he was delivering that bridge, and that he just ran out of fuel.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Does anyone else see this happening more and more now that Mexico's truckers have free reign throughout the US?
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Thread Information