Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Gabrielle Giffords returns to the House for the first time to vote in favor of debt limit deal

Democratic Rep. Gabrielle Giffords of Arizona made a surprise return to Washington Monday to vote in favor of an agreement to raise the debt limit. "Gabrielle has returned to Washington to support a bipartisan bill to prevent economic crisis," her office said in a Tweet.
    Lawmakers offered Giffords a standing ovation on the House floor when she showed up in the chamber. House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi said Giffords' name inspires the love and admiration of Americans, and said to applause: "Thank you, Gabby."
    More here: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_1...19-503544.html

MacLean is online now O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Is she competent?

If she is that's great, but if they propped her up for grandstanding someone needs a reality check.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Only her doctors know for sure, but she looked pretty competent in the video.

Her statement: News Headlines

I have closely followed the debate over our debt ceiling and have been deeply disappointed at what’s going on in Washington,” Giffords said, in a statement from her office. “After weeks of failed debate in Washington, I was pleased to see a solution to this crisis emerge. I strongly believe that crossing the aisle for the good of the American people is more important than party politics. I had to be here for this vote. I could not take the chance that my absence could crash our economy.
    Given how close the vote might have been, there was a real possibility of this passing or not passing by one vote. Nobody liked this bipartisan compromise deal; it was a no-win situation for Democrats as well as Republicans, and a lot of others in Congress probably wished they wouldn't have to go on record as having voted yay or nay. Pretty courageous and dedicated of Giffords to rush into DC for this when she had every right to call in sick.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    From what I've read about her condition she is doing amazing well. I salute her and I'm glad she's not letting the evil bastard that shot her scare her from office.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information