Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs sentenced to life in prison for child sex abuse

Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sentenced to life in prison Tuesday for sexually assaulting two underage followers he took as brides in what his church deemed "spiritual marriages."
    More here: Warren Jeffs sentenced to life for child sex abuse - Crimesider - CBS News

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Polygamist leader Warren Jeffs was sentenced to life in prison Tuesday for sexually assaulting two underage followers he took as brides in what his church deemed "spiritual marriages."

The 55-year-old head of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints stood quietly as the decision of the Texas jury was read. He received the maximum sentence on both counts.
    Good for him. He deserves every bit of that sentence. Once again, Texas doesn't mess around.

This Jeffs character also permitted incestuous relationships so I am told. I could be mistaken on that point.

This is just for informational purposes. I am not accusing anyone here of anything. I just wish to give an explanation or dis-spell some rumors to anyone reading this, who might be wondering or asking questions.

Jeffs has claimed he was the victim of religious persecution. The FLDS, which has at least 10,000 members nationwide, is a radical offshoot of mainstream Mormonism.
    Notice that I've bolded Polygamist and Fundamentalist. People like this Warren Jeffs character, and others, really put the main body of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints in a bad light because many presume that all LDS groups are one and the same. Not so. I don't know how many times I've had to explain this to some people that have crossed my path in real life. Yes, we did practice polygamy at one time. However, it was only a select few that were allowed to do this, and you had to be called from the General Presidency of the Church to do so. The main reason, I believe, that polygamy was started, was to ensure that the women were taken care of while so many of the men were called on to serve missions for the Church or dying off because of famine.

The FLDS group has been known to sign up many of these women onto welfare because their presidency can't take care of them financially.

I believe that this FLDS thing is one of the main reasons why The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints abolished the practice of polygamy when Utah became a state in the 1890's. The US Government even seized the LDS Church's assets at the time. To this day, anyone caught practicing polygamy within the main body of the Church, or associating with such apostate groups is excommunicated on the spot.

Another reason is that polygamy is against the law. The LDS Church admonishes it's members to live by the laws of the land.

The FLDS group got it's start when a some of the members chose to continue to practice polygamy despite being told by the General Presidency of the Church to cease and desist this practice. .......and yes, they were excommunicated.

Polygamy (Plural Marriage)

Official Declaration 1*

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information