Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Tampa student arrested in school bomb plot

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) Tampa police arrested an expelled student after thwarting what they called a "catastrophic" plot to set off a bomb at his former high school next week, authorities said Wednesday.
    Police Chief Jane Castor said Jared Cano, 17, had threatened to plant a device at Freedom High School in north Tampa and discharge it on the first day of school Tuesday. He was arrested Tuesday night after someone tipped off police about the plot.
    Castor told a news conference that police and the school system "were probably able to thwart a potentially catastrophic event, the likes of which the city of Tampa has not seen, and hopefully never will."
    At Cano's home, police found materials to make pipe bombs, including a fuel source, shrapnel, plastic tubing and timing and fusing devices, Castor said. Police also found a journal containing schematic drawings of rooms inside the school and statements about his intent to kill.
    Castor said the minute-by-minute plan to bomb the school included his intent to cause more casualties than the 1999 Columbine High School massacre that resulted in the deaths of 13 people before the two shooters killed themselves.

Tampa student arrested in school bomb plot - Yahoo! News
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Flick72 is offline Patrol Officer
    Verified LEO
    Wow, I worry about the future of this county when things like this come as no big surpise from the youth of this country. Where are the parents? I think they should be charged also for allowing that kind of stuff in the house.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Kids these days run the house. We wouldn't want to violate Jr's right to privacy now would we? It might damage his developing psychological well being.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Well they found explosive components, weapons, and marijuana plants in his room. Where were the parents indeed. All that going on in the kid's room, and the cops had to find it? Really?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information