Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Jury Robs Business on Behalf of Dead Burglar

Investigate for criminal wrongdoing? Sure. Did, done. Reward, ahem, civil award to the burglar's family for his attempt? I say no. What say you?

Burglar's family awarded $300,000 in wrongful death suit

An El Paso County jury on Friday awarded nearly $300,000 to the daughter of a burglar who was fatally shot in 2009 while breaking into an auto lot. ...

The exact amount of the award was $269,500, for factors such as loss of companionship and loss of future earnings. The family will also be awarded some of the costs associated with the more than yearlong legal battle. ...

Fox, 20, was shot after he and a friend scaled a fence to get inside Southwest Auto Sales at 2444 Platte Place in the city’s Knob Hill neighborhood. According to the accomplice, Brian Corbin, they had smoked methamphetamine and were looking to steal anything to buy more drugs. ...

The 4th Judicial District Attorney's Office declined to file charges in the shooting, and instead sent the case to a grand jury, which decided against returning an indictment, effectively clearing the trio of criminal wrongdoing.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    I was working that night. There is more to this story. I have no idea what details are public, so I won't go into them, but there is more to the story than just the business owner shooting a burglar.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    It's always a bad idea to mess with Eastern Europeans, Turks or Kurds they will screw you up. They also seem to have a very defined view of right and wrong.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

Thread Information