Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Another youth sports fiasco

Coaches and players violently attack youth football referee

In one of the most disturbing youth sports incidents in recent years, coaches of a Sarasota, Fla., youth football team instigated a brawl with a referee which eventually led to the coaching staff and a player violently attacking the referee in question during a massive brawl which embroiled both teams.
    As reported by Sarasota Patch, quickly followed by a variety of Tampa Bay news outlets, details of the incident were first gleaned from an amateur video of a game involving the Sarasota Gators and North Port Huskies on Saturday. The video was eventually turned over to the Sarasota Sheriff's office, which has since opened up a full criminal investigation into the proceedings from the game. While it's unknown whether charges will be filed against the coaches and player who attacked the referee, battery against a game official is classified as a felony in the state of Florida.

Coaches and players violently attack youth football referee - Prep Rally - High School*Blog - Yahoo! Sports

There was a time when I used to pull security at youth sports functions. I figured since I had to be there I would try and let my kids have a go at it. I spent a lot of time leaving one game field handling one disturbance to go handle another one. I finally stopped working them all together.
    I've arrested coaches and parents for fighting and the like. That and hearing how coaches would talk to some of the kids made me pull mine. It wasn't long after that the head of the parks and recreation division who runs the organizing said I didn't know the half of it and he also refused to allow his own kids to participate.
    Anyone else have similar stories?
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My wife wanted to put our son in football. He will never play it if I have anything to do with it, precisely because parents and coaches take it far, far too seriously. It's not recreational when all the adults want their child to be the next NFL superstar.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Fucking animals. No way would I want to ref games these days. I did it when I was a kid. Never again.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    That North Port team is from the town next to mine. There have been problems with some of those players getting out of hand in games here in our town. Sarasota is even worse, they always hire details at those games because they are so bad, along with the teams from Fort Myers. Lots of straight up thugs playing and coaching some of them.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    We should get our kids involved in sports to teach them... Oh, wait.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

pac201 is offline Used up and retired
    Verified LEO
    a handbasket...guess where we're going...
    I coached 2 years when my son was 7-8, 30 years ago; they wanted me to coach some more and I told them I would if they didn't allow parents at the games.

It was a nightmare then, can't imagine what it would be like now.
    Job security...

Ecclesiastes 8:11 Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil.

Thread Information