Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Sheepdog firefighter saves a little Lamb dropped from a burning building (literally!)

Flames were shooting out windows and panicked tenants were screaming for help just before 1 a.m. yesterday when Boston fire Lt. Glenn McGillivray and his fellow jakes on Engine 42 arrived at a six-alarm blaze at a Roxbury apartment complex on Westminster Avenue and Wardman Road.

In the harrowing moments that ensued, the 22-year veteran helped save three of the 15 people rescued, including 6-year-old Xavier Lamb and his grandmother, Judith.
    On the Wardman Street side, I noticed the boy’s grandmother. She was sitting on the third-floor window ledge, hanging on with one hand, and dangling him from the other as she screamed for help. I asked her not to let go.

It happened very fast. My concern was being in the right spot for when she dropped him so that I could at least break his fall if I couldn’t actually make a catch. I positioned myself underneath him and then yelled up for her to let him go. His arms and legs were flailing as he came down, but miraculously, thankfully, he just came right into my arms. He didn’t say anything.
    :sheep:

http://news.bostonherald.com/news/re...ome&position=0

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Interviews with the sheepdog and the Lambs here: :sheep:

Thread Information