Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Deputy fired for leaving post to make out with a drunk 19 yr old in a men's restroom

A volunteer Hillsborough sheriff's deputy left his post during January's Gasparilla parade and ended up making out with a girl in a nearby bathroom. He was fired early last month, a sheriff's spokeswoman said Thursday.

Thomas Harty, 37, a reserve deputy who had worked at the Sheriff's Office since May 2005, was on duty and in uniform during the Jan. 28 parade along Bayshore Boulevard.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said Harty left his assigned post to be with an "unknown, intoxicated 19-year-old female." They ended up inside the men's room on the eighth floor of the Bank of Tampa building, near the corner of Bayshore and Magnolia Avenue.

Carter said two employees there working observed Harty and the woman kissing in the bathroom and reported the incident.

Harty's position with the department was not a paid job. He wore a uniform and carried a gun but did not have arrest powers.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by LawEnforcementForums
    A volunteer Hillsborough sheriff's deputy left his post during January's Gasparilla parade and ended up making out with a girl in a nearby bathroom. He was fired early last month, a sheriff's spokeswoman said Thursday.

Thomas Harty, 37, a reserve deputy who had worked at the Sheriff's Office since May 2005, was on duty and in uniform during the Jan. 28 parade along Bayshore Boulevard.

Sheriff's spokeswoman Debbie Carter said Harty left his assigned post to be with an "unknown, intoxicated 19-year-old female." They ended up inside the men's room on the eighth floor of the Bank of Tampa building, near the corner of Bayshore and Magnolia Avenue.

Carter said two employees there working observed Harty and the woman kissing in the bathroom and reported the incident.

Harty's position with the department was not a paid job. He wore a uniform and carried a gun but did not have arrest powers.

Uniform and gun but no arrest powers? What the hell is up with that?
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

katiemh Guest
    Hmm... that is weird. I thought Hillsborough was like us.

ETA: Nevermind, just looked at their site... yeah, they have MUCH less training than ours, they're not fully LE certified. I can't believe they let them carry a gun without the full training. Frightening.
    Last edited by katiemh; 05-07-06 at 02:03 AM.

Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO
    Last edited by Big Sexy; 09-21-06 at 12:14 AM.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

chris2001 is offline Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy
    What Big believes is the burning question in everyones mind is, was the girl hot?
    +1
    Being the best is not what always counts. What counts is always trying your best.

Remember who you are, and where you came from. That way you never get a big head.

May those that lost their lives in 9-11 RIP, for the things you did not many could do. You left so many behind so that you could save so few. For now we stand strong as one, and will not look back till the fight is done. (me)

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/Nowwhat%...5Csuphomey.jpg

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS only.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    What Big believes is the burning question in everyones mind is, was the girl hot?
    No kidding! Especially since he gave up a job where he was paid nothing. Wait, I'd do that even without a 19 year old drunk girl!

That does sound weird, uniform, gun, no arrest powers. Of course, in this guy's case that's probably a good thing!
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Si' Jeffee'

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisGlock40
    Uniform and gun but no arrest powers? What the hell is up with that?

+1

And on top of that, how do you get fired from a volunteer job???

What did they say to him?? "We don't want your time anymore, please stop volunteering"??
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Thread Information