Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Patrolman sues Good Foods after its cook put pubic and chest hair in his sandwich in retaliation for traffic ticket

The lawsuit filed by Patrolman Jeremy Merck of the Evesham, New Jersey, Police Department seeks unspecified damages from Good Foods to Go in Marlton, New Jersey, and its cook, Ryan Burke, for an incident that occurred in February 2010.

Merck ordered an egg, cheese and turkey bagel and after eating part of it, he found it "was adulterated with pubic, chest or other human hair," the lawsuit said.

Burke, who served Merck the sandwich, was later charged with aggravated assault, retaliation against a public servant and food tampering. He ultimately served 15 days in jail.

According to a police report from the criminal case, "Burke admitted to tearing out hairs from his chest and his pubic area and placing them on Ptl. Merck's sandwich out of anger due to the fines and lawyers fees he had from the prior arrest in 2009."

In 2009, Merck charged Burke with traffic offenses. Burke later complained the traffic case cost him $4,400.

"Burke admitted that he did not like Ptl. Merck as a result of that incident and expressed that he shouldn't have to see Ptl. Merck at Good Foods to Go," the police report continued.
    more here: Police officer sues over bagel sandwich served with hair | Reuters

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I hope he wins and the cook does some jail time.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

McCrackhd is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Kudos to Merck for suing! But, should he have not been more wary than to eat at a place that employed someone he arrested? Hence why I generally try not to piss off the people who work at restaraunts.
    YOUR ATTENTION, DO I F@#%ING HAVE IT?

I swear to Christ, if I survive this I'm gonna dance a jig!

RMFT-Bama fans get it

The views and opinions expressed on this site are not mine. They belong to my alter ego, Mathazar. Therefore, only Mathazar and his two brothers should be held responsible for the crap that is posted on this site under my name.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I hope he wins...that's disgusting.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I hope he wins also. Number one reason why I always try and bring lunch to work from home.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Thread Information