Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Video purports to show Texas judge using a belt to whip his 16-year-old daughter for downloading music and games off the internet

A Texas judge faces a police investigation and judicial probe after a video apparently showing him beating his then-16-year-old disabled daughter was posted on the Internet.
    A person identifying herself as Hillary Adams said in posting the video to the sharing site Reddit she had held on to it "until the right time" but decided to post it after receiving a "barrage of harassment" over the phone from her father.
    The video, apparently shot on a webcam, was also posted to YouTube. In that posting, the person identifying herself as Hillary Adams said the beating occurred in 2004, when her father was punishing her for using the Internet "to acquire music and games that were unavailable for legal purchase at the time."
    But William Adams told Texas television station KRIS, "It happened years ago ... I apologized."
    He said the conduct is "not as bad as it looks on tape," KRIS said.
    A person identifying herself as Hillary Adams, on a Twitter account using the same username as the posting on Reddit, tweeted to CNN, "I'm not sure how much I should say, except that above all we need to help my father instead of condemning him."
    In another tweet, the person said, "I'm feeling some regret for publishing the video because to ruin my own father is heavy indeed. But I really want him to seek help."
    The daughter "has had ataxic cerebral palsy from birth that led her to a passion for technology, which was strictly forbidden by her father's backwards views," according to the posting. "The judge's wife was emotionally abused herself and was severely manipulated into assisting the beating and should not be blamed for any content in this video."
    More here: Texas judge confirms video of him beating daughter, says 'I lost my temper' - CNN.com

Video here (violence)

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm quick to say put the belt on em. Just don't go to far.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    I'm not against spanking on general principle. But there's something off-putting about that guy. I've been spanked out of love, and that wasn't it. What these parents were doing just seemed malicious.

Besides, at 16 a child's personality is already defined and spanking isn't going to do any good. Spanking is a corrective action for behavior at a young age. When they're teens, you have to resort to more adult ways of punishment- such as chores or taking away property or privileges.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

APB Guest
    She also apparently has ataxic cerebal palsy, and wasn't really able to leave the house much, according to a CNN article. What they did to her is really messed up, IMHO.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    That doesn't look like punishment. It looks like a dad almost out of control and taking out frustration and anger on his daughter.

I very much believe in corporal punishment, but don't do it if you can't control your temper.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Update:

A Texas family law judge seen beating his older daughter in a video she posted on YouTube has been placed under a temporary restraining order that his former wife’s lawyer says effectively prevents him from visiting his younger daughter.
    Under a court order issued Thursday, the judge, William Adams, is forbidden from visiting his 10-year-old daughter without getting permission from her mother. The order also says Judge Adams cannot drink alcohol within 24 hours of seeing his daughter or disparage his former wife.

Brett Pritchard, the lawyer for Hallie Adams, the judge’s former wife, said in a prepared statement that the ruling “temporarily terminates the visitation between Judge Adams and his younger child.”
    More here: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/13/us...-daughter.html

IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Cane the judge.
    To Live Is To Eat

IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

Thread Information