Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Neo-Nazi couple tries to adopt a highway for the "Nazi Party" and is denied, so adopts it under the name "Freedom Party"

A Delaware couple who believe racial and ethnic minorities should be expelled from the country have received state approval for their neo-Nazi group to adopt a rural roadway.
    They didn't get to put the word "Nazi," as they desired, on two Adopt A Highway signs the Delaware Department of Transportation recently erected along a 2-mile stretch of Cedar Grove Road in Sussex County, Del., settling for "Freedom Party."
    More here: Neo-Nazi group adopts a highway in Delaware

KaiGywer is online now *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    I guess that is the backside of freedom of speech...even people who we fully disagree with have the right to have their opinion. However, I side with Delaware on this one. Having Nazi party on the sign would be overly offensive...if I drove by a sign saying Freedom party, I wouldn't think twice about it.
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    If the "nutzy party" tried that here, I'd take great pleasure in pointing out to them every piece of liter, no matter how small, all year long.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Thread Information