Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Kidnapper Sues Couple He Held Hostage

A Colorado man who is serving a nearly 11-year sentence for kidnapping a newlywed Kansas couple, stealing a vehicle and fleeing from authorities in 2009, is now trying to sue that couple for breach of contract.
    In his lawsuit, 25-year-old Jessie Dimmick of Aurora, contends that after breaking into Jared and Lindsay Rowley's Topeka-area home while fleeing police, he and the couple reached a legally binding, oral contract that they would hide him for an unspecified amount of money. Dimmick, who is representing himself, is seeking $235,000.
    "As a result of the plaintiffs breech (sic) of contract, I, the defendant suffered a gunshot to my back, which almost killed me. The hospital bills alone are in excess of $160,000, which I have no way to pay," Dimmick wrote in his civil suit filed last month in Shawnee County District Court.
    In Sept. 2009, Dimmick was leading authorities in a chase that ended with Dimmick crashing a stolen vehicle in the Rowleys' yard.
    He was wanted for questioning about the murder of Colorado man Michael Curtis, who had been found beaten to death in a motel earlier that month.

The rest of the story :
    Jessie Dimmick, Former Colo. Kidnapper, Is Suing His Former Hostages For Breach Of Contract

Only in America. I sincerly hope this jackass is acting as his own attorney. What are the chances that an actually Bar certified lawyer took this case on his behalf ?
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Fuck him. That is all.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Can a contract be legally binding if part of the contract is an illegal act such as harboring a fugitive/aiding/abetting?

I'm with Five-0 on this one.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Whatever they said was under duress by threat of serious physical injury or death. They said what they needed to, to survive the encounter with him.

This is just a typical bullshit inmate lawsuit because he's bored and has too much free time.

This will last 2 seconds in a court of law.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Can a contract be legally binding if part of the contract is an illegal act such as harboring a fugitive/aiding/abetting?
    No.
    Years ago a guy took a K5 or first grade class hostage here in Alabama. Made the governer go on the TV and pardon him before he would come out. The gov did, he came out, and was of course arrested because it was under duress.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Contract was formed under duress and therefore will get thrown out. But it just goes to show when inmates have time on their hands, they will do all kinds of stupid crap.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    In CA he would when
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Well, if the man were smart, he wouldn't be where he is in the first place.

I love how he refers to himself as "the defendent" when hes actually the plaintiff. Fucking idiot.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ChesCopPodz View Post
    Well, if the man were smart, he wouldn't be where he is in the first place.

I love how he refers to himself as "the defendent" when hes actually the plaintiff. Fucking idiot.
    Its likely the only legal term he's been described as throughout his life.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    LOL- yeah, old habits die hard.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    In CA he would when

Win would he when ?
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Win would he when ?
    reps

i lol'd in my pants
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Now now, don't be so quick to judge young Jessie, he makes a good point. A man's word is his bond.

Let's look at the lies he told during this home invasion and see if we can bump up those 11 years by a couple decades, or have him paying the victims for his contract breaches, eh? Ah yes, dreamer me, oh well. Maybe next he'll try his TV lawyer'n on a fellow inmate and...ow, that's gotta hurt.

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    This is the kind of insane thing that makes me really wonder about the overall sanity of people right now. We need to deride the entire legal system for allowing a lawsuit of this type to occur. What in the world????? Insanity.
    Arm the sheep!

Radar is offline We all bleed blue
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    I've always felt that inmates shouldn't be permitted to the process of filing lawsuits. Or at very least there should be a grand jury that just examines requests for lawsuits and determines if they can go forward or not.
    Here Speeder, Speeder, Speeder

"Oderint dum metuant" - Caligula

"How come you only call me when someone's dead?"

Thread Information