Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Daynathepayna is offline bad to the bone

David Blaine is nuts.

Magician David Blaine says he's in 'pretty bad shape' near end of latest feat
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

at 14:11 on May 8, 2006, EST.
    By TED SHAFFREY

NEW YORK (AP) - David Blaine says he's in "pretty bad shape" as he nears the end of his latest feat - a week in an aquarium - but vowed to go through with his finale of holding his breath underwater for nearly nine minutes.

The 33-year-old magician, wearing a diving helmet that allows two-way communication, has been submerged in the 2.5-metre snow globe-like acrylic sphere since last Monday.

"Everything is still on as planned, and I'm going to give it my best shot," Blaine said Sunday from his perch on the plaza of Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts as spectators gawked and waved at him.

Blaine's finale was to be aired live in a two-hour ABC special, David Blaine: Drowned Alive, starting at 8 p.m. EDT Monday.

He told AP Television News he "will do his best" to complete the feat despite peeling skin, sharp pains in his joints and a severe earache.

The stunt artist planned to put on 68 kilograms of chains and handcuffs, remove his oxygen tube and then escape while holding his breath longer than the record of eight minutes, 58 seconds.

"If I don't get out of the chains and I black out in nine minutes, which is about the length of time it would take these guys here (who) have been preparing a stretcher to pull my body out and do what they have to do, so I have to have faith that they know what they are doing," Blaine said.

He said he was suffering "sharp, shooting pains in every part of my body." Doctors have been monitoring his condition.

Blaine started training in December, with some help from Navy SEALS. He lost 50 pounds so his body would require less oxygen.

He has been fed and, uh, relieving himself by tubes.

Blaine's previous feats included balancing on a 55-centimetre circular platform atop a 30-metre pole for 35 hours; being buried alive in a see-through coffin for a week; and surviving inside a massive block of ice for 61 hours, all of which were performed in New York. In 2003, he fasted for 44 days in a suspended acrylic box over the Thames River in London.

http://start.shaw.ca/start/enCA/Ente...c=e050829A.xml

jfrohne is offline Rookie

that was nuts

that show was crazy....too bad he did not beat the holding his breath record...there will be another day

Daynathepayna is offline bad to the bone
    He is risking serious brain damage or death. It's not worth any money or fame.I won't watch it.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    I'd feel more sorry for the idiot if he wasn't getting rich off of it. If he's such a badass he can join the SEALs and do something worthwhile with his "abilities."

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    What a moron
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Operator13 is offline Just Another Voice
    He is "half a bubble off center" but I do find him entertaining.

Yesterday I saw a picture of his hand. It looked like something you'd see on a floater.

Thread Information