Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is online now Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Woman removed from plane after bringing gun aboard

FORT WORTH, Texas: A 65-year-old lawyer was arrested for carrying a loaded handgun aboard an American Airlines jet at Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport.

Judith Kenney was released Wednesday on her own recognizance, said her attorney, Dallas lawyer David Finn.

Kenney carries a handgun for protection but had forgotten that it was in a computer bag she carried on board the plane, he said. She has no criminal history, he said.

Screeners at a security checkpoint had detected a gun in a woman's carry-on bag but she "picked up the bag and left the checkpoint before the screening process was over," said Greg Soule, a spokesman for the Transportation Security Administration, which operates the checkpoints. When TSA screeners spot a gun in a bag, they are supposed to seize the bag and notify police, he said.

Officials got a photo of Kenney from a closed-circuit video system and showed it to airport employees. She was taken into custody by DFW Airport police about an hour and 40 minutes later, Soule said.

An airline spokesman said Wednesday that the plane was headed for the runway when it returned to the gate and was met by airport police

Read more: THE DAILY STAR :: News :: International :: Woman removed from plane after bringing gun aboard
    (The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: THE DAILY STAR :: Breaking News, Lebanon News, Middle East News & World News)
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    So just so we're clear: The TSA agents knew the gun was in the bag, and let this 65 year old lady take the bag the gun was in and she made to an airplane that was about to take off anyway.

So again, I have to ask, what is the TSA actually good for?

"If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    tsa does qn okay job but like anything, shit happens, or goes seriously wrong within seconds
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    What's the TSA good for? Laughs?

OK, more seriously, yeah, things happen fast. And most of us have probably missed something searching someone only to have it found at the jail. But there should be some damn serious investigation of what went wrong here.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Thread Information