Welcome to the APBWeb.
    ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO

Rest in Peace JoPa

Joe Paterno died last night at the age of 85.

I've been a life long Penn State fan. And I'll say this, he could have done more with the scandal that ended his career.

But there will never be anyone at that level of college football that will ever stay with one school for as long as he was.

Say what you want about him, I'll be mourning his loss.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    At least you acknowledge that he could have done more. And in that I can respect that you will mourn his passing. It is true that none of us are perfect. From his own limited words on the subject, he absolutely could have done more. And he should have done more. But I can't stand hearing people glorify him like some kind of deity that has no fault in anything. To me it seems some people are so blinded by their "love" for him that they just can't accept that he could have done anything that wasn't proper/appropriate. It's like the mom of the juvenile delinquent that yells at the officer who caught him red-handed....because her perfect little angel could never do anything like that. Though if you like JoePA and acknowledge that he didn't handle it right, the question becomes how much positive that he has done (and nothing to do with football wins or longevity at a college should ever factor into this equation) makes up for or supercedes this "mistake"? Is it something that you can just move on from and still feel about him as you did before, or does it/should it make you think less of him? I was a fan of him before, as he seemed to be a guy that embodied positive values that often seem to be lacking these days. I do feel now that he no longer can be seen in my eyes as being such a virtuous figure. Perhaps at best now he is a mostly decent guy who made a really big mistake. I don't hate him now, or vilify him as much as some people do. I just don't buy that he is the god that some make him out to be. I shake my head at people who still see him as a saint.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    Nobody who makes their life from a game will ever be a saint.

But he was the best at what he did, and a large part of my childhood. And its for those reasons that I'm actually sad at his passing.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Thread Information