Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Illuminating Crime

Well that's different.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    The Association of Criminals, Lawyers and other Undesirables not withstanding, I would be interested to see how this impacts the crime rate. The recent downturn in crime without this technology might skew the results but the results might be very interesting.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Wow, they have some technology that I would love to play with
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Great Idea but the profiling complaints begin in 3, 2, 1...
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Well at least the red light is only used when a officer sees something on camera. So it's merits will rest on the skills/judgement of whoever is monitoring the system and deciding who gets "red lighted". They will need to make some tough decisions though. While if someone is about to do something illegal, and they get red lighted, they may decide not to do what they had planned. In that respect, this plan can have a positive prevention aspect. But the flip side is unless a patrol officer is within sight, or unless the lighted person decides to actually commit a crime anyway, this system likely will not lead to arrests. So perhaps the person monitoring the cameras will have to decide in which situations to not light the person, but instead notify nearby units so that instead of preventing the action, they could arrest the person for actually committing the action. And yeah complaints will come from people who are pissed that they were supposedly mistakenly lighted, and claim that their reputation was tarnished by the false implication that they are a criminal. It will be interesting to see how this system works out after being in use for a while. It has potential if done right. I just know I'd hate to be the cop that gets assigned to watch cameras all shift long. I do wish I could access cameras around town from my car's computer if/when I wanted to. But hell, I don't even have a camera in my car at all. I don't even have radar in my car. This stuff is all science fiction to my dept.! hehehe
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    Great Idea but the profiling complaints begin in 3, 2, 1...
    I see that coming as well.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    wasn't thinking that side of it, yeah there is going to not only being complaints but it there will also be people looking to make money and lawsuits will be following
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Thread Information