Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Flight attendant disrupts flight with rant about fears of the plane crashing, American Airlines' bankruptcy and the 9/11 terrorist attacks

According to reports by passengers, the trouble began Friday morning as the plane taxied to the runway for takeoff. A flight attendant who had been giving preflight safety instructions began speaking incoherently over the intercom system, confusing and startling passengers.

The attendant said the plane had a mechanical issue and was going to return to the airport gate. However, other flight attendants interrupted and said there were no mechanical issues and that the plane was preparing for takeoff.

The upset flight attendant then said over the public-address system that it would not be her fault if the plane crashed. She began speaking in incomplete sentences, using the words "bankruptcy" and "American Airlines," passengers said. She also referred to the 9/11 terrorist attacks at one point, passengers said.

Some passengers then began calling 911.

Other flight attendants on the plane attempted to calm the woman, but she continued to be agitated. Three or four passengers then left their seats and went to the front of the plane to help restrain her as the plane returned to the gate, a move requested by the pilot, the Federal Aviation Administration confirmed.

Some passengers said the woman appeared to be having a mental breakdown. One passenger said the flight attendant mentioned that she was bipolar and that she had not taken her medication.
    More here: American attendant disrupts flight to Chicago - chicagotribune.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    That should really boost confidence.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Somebody is looking for a new job
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Lovely.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information