Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

AP: Iran may have cleaned up nuke work

(AP) VIENNA - Satellite images of an Iranian military facility appear to show trucks and earth-moving vehicles at the site, indicating an attempted cleanup of radioactive traces possibly left by tests of a nuclear-weapon trigger, diplomats told The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The assertions from the diplomats, all nuclear experts accredited to the International Atomic Energy Agency, could add to the growing international pressure on Iran over its nuclear program, which Tehran insists is for peaceful purposes.

While the U.S. and the EU are backing a sanctions-heavy approach, Israel has warned that it may resort to a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear facilities to prevent it from obtaining atomic weapons.

Two of the diplomats said the crews at the Parchin military site may be trying to erase evidence of tests of a small experimental neutron device used to set off a nuclear explosion. A third diplomat could not confirm that but said any attempt to trigger a so-called neutron initiator could only be in the context of trying to develop nuclear arms.

AP: Iran may have cleaned up nuke work - CBS News
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Send in the weapons inspectors!! Wait... hold up. Give them enough time to tidy up a bit...

Ok... ready? SEND IN... wait... they need a few more days... no, not there... over here. Alright... ready?

Nope? Ok... when can we... um... how long? Ok, but not a minute later, understand?

SEND IN THE... aw, damn it... wait again. When? For sure this time? Ok...

(drumming fingers on desk)

OK. Now then, SEND IN THE WEAPONS... no? How much longer do you need?

(Mushroom cloud)

Aw, hell... SEND IN THE HUMANITARIAN AID!

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    ...Tehran insists is for peaceful purposes.

Because when I say "peaceful country" the first nation to pop into your head is Iran, right?
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    ...Tehran insists is for peaceful purposes.

Because when I say "peaceful country" the first nation to pop into your head is Iran, right?
    And the Isreali fighter/bombers arrive in 3...2....1...

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    And the Isreali fighter/bombers arrive in 3...2....1...
    Interesting perspective from Meir Dagan on 60 Minutes last night. CBS doesn't allow their YouTube clips to embed, so links - including the few extra minutes not aired. I'd like to see the unedited interview.

Meir Dagan on Iran's threat Aired segment

Why ex-Mossad chief is speaking out Extra bit

Thread Information