Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Two officers suspended for pulling dildo prank at work

SAN LUIS, Ariz. -- Two police officers have been suspended for five days without pay for pulling a prank involving a sex toy, the mayor of San Luis said.

Mayor Nieves Riedel said the incident involved an officer who planted a phallic sex toy in a patrol car as a joke on another officer last week. One of the department's sergeants learned about the incident and an investigation led to the discipline.

She said she was briefed by the city's police chief, Heriberto Bejarano.

"Boys are going to be boys," Riedel said, while adding that officers are supposed to set examples for the community and saying the incident was in "bad taste."

"They didn't stop and think. ... You have got to be careful about the things you do because it reflects on you," Riedel said.

Police spokesman Ernesto Lugo declined to discuss specifics, but said such cases are treated as sexual harassment by the department.

"We have a policy against sexual harassment, against playing with stuff like that in the workplace," Lugo said.

Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon
    Ok harmless prank, no one offended or complains, someone hears about it, and officers get disicplined.......
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    My thoughts exactly....stupid
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Stupid...

I seen a buddy bite into a Subway sandwich, he was pulling and tugging then pop out from the sub comes a dildo. Now he's standing in the middle of the lounge with 6 - 10 other officers aound some were female with a dildo in his mouth.
    That was funny..
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Honeypot is offline Officer First Class

Wink

I'd only complain if the sexual harrassment stopped!

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Although I disagree strongly with the disciplinary measures, at some point folks are going to have to figure out that any kind of prank involving anything sexual is likely to backfire.

We have a woman cop who has sued successfully at least 3 times I know of for sexual harassment incidents. Right after the third one I was walking through her precinct and saw two male cops having a sexually explicit conversation with her.

Cops are slow learners, I guess. Stuff like this is in news all the time and they continue to do it.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    +1
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

zpd307 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    yeah, but we need humor just to stay relatively sane.

USofAcop is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tjpuclik2
    Stupid...

I seen a buddy bite into a Subway sandwich, he was pulling and tugging then pop out from the sub comes a dildo. Now he's standing in the middle of the lounge with 6 - 10 other officers aound some were female with a dildo in his mouth.
    That was funny..
    OK, are you guys going to make me call bullshit on this or what!?

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    "OK, are you guys going to make me call bullshit on this or what!? "

Want the guys number that pulled the prank?
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by zpd307
    yeah, but we need humor just to stay relatively sane.
    I agree totally. But to me, the funniest comedians are the ones who can be funny without using bad language or telling dirty jokes. Toliet humor is cheap and easy, and not always that funny.

But on another point, where do these guys get the dildos? If I owned one, I sure as hell wouldn't admit to it, much less bring it to work?

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

This was one of my points too....i often see from other depts that rank is scared to death of their job, usually cause they have some prick chief at the top whos forgotten or never been to the bottom. U gota have a sick sense of humor in this work bottom line. I think this was funny as hell!
    Duncan

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by highspeedwork
    This was one of my points too....i often see from other depts that rank is scared to death of their job, usually cause they have some prick chief at the top whos forgotten or never been to the bottom. U gota have a sick sense of humor in this work bottom line. I think this was funny as hell!
    Duncan
    Apparently no one on your dept has sued yet because of some goofy sexual prank.

All it takes is one and any chief or brass is going to be leery of silly shit like that. Most chiefs are reasonably human and jokes are jokes. But as I've said, there is a long sordid history of litigation regarding sexual harassment. What's funny as hell to you may not be to a jury. And any chief that has to pay out very many judgments on crap like this isn't going to be chief of anything very long.

BigBossMan is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Why can't people just grow some thicker skin or mind their own business? No harm no foul!! Sounded funny though.

Thread Information