Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Life discovered on Mars, researchers claim

A new analysis of data collected by the NASA Viking mission has determined that there is life on Mars.

Two Viking probes landed on Mars in 1976 and carried out an experiment that heated soil to try and create a chemical reaction that would indicate the presence of life.

One of the three experiments, which were known as the “Labeled Release” (LR) experiment, hinted to the presence of life on Mars, while the others did not.

A mathematical analysis of the samples found that salts in the soil on Mars “threw off” initial estimates, and that the soil samples show strong evidence of microbial life.

The new analysis looked for “complexity” in the samples, which the scientists claimed to have found.

“This suggests a robust biological response,” the researchers wrote in the International Journal of Aeronautic and Space Sciences. “These analyses support the interpretation that the Viking LR experiment did detect extant microbial life on Mars.”

Source: redOrbit (http://s.tt/19gHF)

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Interesting news. However, I'll remain skeptic until this data has undergone peer review.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Hubby, best friend and I were discussing life yesterday, and we came to the conclusion that life is, essentially, contagious. And microbes can be tough buggers.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    I'm of the opinion that our planet cannot be unique in it's placement near it's star. There are billions upon billions of galaxies, each containing billions of billions of stars. No way in that enormous number can there not be another planet in the same stellar situation as ours.
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Don't get excited folks. The microbes are from when I pooped there during my alien abduction.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

abom334 is offline Every Meth Head's nightmare
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Don't get excited folks. The microbes are from when I pooped there during my alien abduction.

Car 4
    You too?
    "Fear not the night. Fear that which walks the night. And *I* am that which walks the night. But only evil need fear me …and gentle souls sleep safe in their beds…because I walk the night".- Dave Grossman

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I knew you looked familiar.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Pooping is a common side effect of the anal probe... or so I hear.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Hey! Maybe we should have a reunion.....

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Thread Information