Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

5 arrested in alleged plot to blow up Cleveland-area bridge

The group on Monday planted what they thought were two remotely activated C-4-based explosive devices which they allegedly bought from undercover FBI employees at the base of a Route 82 bridge that crosses from Brecksville to Sagamore Hills over the Cuyahoga Valley National Park, the FBI said in a news conference Tuesday.

The devices actually were inoperable and posed no threat to the public, and the FBI arrested the men shortly after the devices were planted, authorities said.
    More here: http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/01...dge/?hpt=hp_t1

Napalm is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I'm curious....were these guys acting alone, or have they at any point in time in the past, aligned or associated themsleves with the "Occupy" crowd. The story doesn't specify, but the bridge was supposed to be blown up toaday, May 1st, I'm taking that to coincide with the Occupy day of Rage and chili cook-off, or whatever they had planned.
    Wiping the turds of humanity from the ass of society from 1600 to midnight.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I'm with Napalm. I'd like to know more background/details. I also would have loved to be a fly on the wall at the moment they realized just how bad they'd been suckered by the good guys.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

copboy is offline Officer First Class
    The news here reported that they in fact were associated with Occupy Cleveland. The morons in charge of OC said that the 5 did not represent OC.

Thread Information