Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Photographer makes studio portraits of dogs just before they are put down.

Photographer tells story of doomed shelter dogs | Photo Gallery - Yahoo! News

Photographer Tou Chih-kang has been recording the last moments of canines at the Taoyuan Animal Shelter in Taiwan for two years. He has captured the images of some 400 dogs, most of which were pets abandoned by their owners. To him the work is distressing, but he's trying to spread a message of responsibility.

This series is heartbreaking.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    I just read about this too...the pictures are hauntingly beautiful and sad. I believe what he is doing is a tribute...but it would take a piece of my heart every time...I could not do it...even though I understand and honor what he does. I dont think I have the strength. And really, one can only have so many dogs (I would try and save them all)
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Thread Information