Welcome to the APBWeb.
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By code3bg
  • 1 Post By Ducky
  • 1 Post By pgg
  • 1 Post By Ducky

Thread: Insane Clown Posse to sue FBI for calling their fans a gang

  1. #1
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,376
    Rep Power
    4817858

    Insane Clown Posse to sue FBI for calling their fans a gang

    The FBI called Juggalos a "hybrid gang" in its 2011 National Gang Threat Assessment, a designation ICP's members call "insanely ridiculous." The report mentions a January 2011 case in which a "suspected Juggalo member" shot a couple in King County, Washington, and a January 2010 case in which two "suspected Juggalo associates" beat and robbed an elderly man.

    "Most crimes committed by Juggalos are sporadic, disorganized, individualistic, and often involve simple assault, personal drug use and possession, petty theft, and vandalism," the FBI report said. "However, open source reporting suggests that a small number of Juggalos are forming more organized subsets and engaging in more gang-like criminal activity, such as felony assaults, thefts, robberies, and drug sales."

    That's not how Violent Jay and Shaggy 2 Dope see it: "At any of our shows, it's all love, total strangers high-fiving," Violent J said.

  2. #2
    code3bg's Avatar
    code3bg is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Join Date
    06-21-12
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    70745
    Those guys are a bunch of ass clowns... and so are their fans. As the gang officer for my county, I have classified them as a gang and built files on them. I've never met a class of person as absolutely retarded as a Juggalo. They are "opportunity" offenders... if they have the opportunity, they're gonna do it. I'd rather deal with a pack of Hell's Angels than a single Juggalo, they are a truly disgusting brand of human being. <--- My opinions are based solely on my prior contacts with Juggalos. Maybe there are good ones out there somewhere, but I've never met, or even heard of, one.
    IMGreat101 likes this.

  3. #3
    Ducky's Avatar
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    12-05-05
    Location
    Handbasket, enroute to somewhere hot.
    Posts
    11,108
    Rep Power
    7439165
    I'm surprised one of them had enough brain cells left that could fire synapses enough for one of them to contact a lawyer. Then again, it was probably an ambulance chaser who contacted the rappers' managers, who instigated the lawsuit. Wonder when the Juggalos, as a whole, will realize that even if they win they'll never see a dime from this suit.
    code3bg likes this.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q


  4. #4
    pgg's Avatar
    pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    06-16-08
    Location
    Fled the Emerald Triangle
    Posts
    10,997
    Rep Power
    4007680
    We have a few in my county in Washington. They are confirmed gang members now. Walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's a duck.
    code3bg likes this.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

    A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

  5. #5
    Five-0's Avatar
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    05-15-06
    Posts
    10,982
    Rep Power
    8357018
    The gangs where I started would skin them alive. Code3 nailed them to a tee. However, the only thing worse than an established gang is one that feels the need to prove something.

    Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

    "Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

    The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

  6. #6
    IMGreat101's Avatar
    IMGreat101 is offline The Butcher
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Join Date
    11-17-09
    Location
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Posts
    4,674
    Rep Power
    3969921
    Quote Originally Posted by code3bg View Post
    Those guys are a bunch of ass clowns... and so are their fans. As the gang officer for my county, I have classified them as a gang and built files on them. I've never met a class of person as absolutely retarded as a Juggalo. They are "opportunity" offenders... if they have the opportunity, they're gonna do it. I'd rather deal with a pack of Hell's Angels than a single Juggalo, they are a truly disgusting brand of human being. <--- My opinions are based solely on my prior contacts with Juggalos. Maybe there are good ones out there somewhere, but I've never met, or even heard of, one.
    +1

    What about those danged magnets?
    To Live Is To Eat

    IMG could turn a conversation about the weather into a mouthwatering food story. - Cidp24

    And always add bacon! - Shad Kirton, Co-owner/Chef Smokey D's

    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people asking questions.

    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Solomon

    We were all born wild. It was up to our parents to domesticate us.

  7. #7
    Odd's Avatar
    Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    10-08-08
    Posts
    2,056
    Rep Power
    2508663
    Didn't realize they were still around. Guess this is one way to get press.

  8. #8
    code3bg's Avatar
    code3bg is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Join Date
    06-21-12
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    70745
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Then again, it was probably an ambulance chaser who contacted the rappers' managers, who instigated the lawsuit.
    That's no shit!

  9. #9
    code3bg's Avatar
    code3bg is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Join Date
    06-21-12
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    70745
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    However, the only thing worse than an established gang is one that feels the need to prove something.
    The instructor of the first gangs class I ever took said something that I've passed down to every class I've ever taught, "NEVER say that a gang member is a 'wanna be', those are the ones that will do something stupid to prove it." I've never forgot that... because it's 100% true.

  10. #10
    Ducky's Avatar
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    12-05-05
    Location
    Handbasket, enroute to somewhere hot.
    Posts
    11,108
    Rep Power
    7439165
    You know, I can see this as a publicity stunt by the "entertainers" (and I use the term very, very loosely) to get wider name recognition. They would be better off releasing a statement to the effect that they condemn the actions of a small subset of their fans, that their "music" (again, loosely) isn't about that sort of thing at all. But they're idiots. So are their fans.
    code3bg likes this.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q


  11. #11
    Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    04-16-06
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    4,124
    Rep Power
    6563843
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    You know, I can see this as a publicity stunt by the "entertainers" (and I use the term very, very loosely) to get wider name recognition. They would be better off releasing a statement to the effect that they condemn the actions of a small subset of their fans, that their "music" (again, loosely) isn't about that sort of thing at all. But they're idiots. So are their fans.
    This is actually why I disagree with simply classifying all Juggalos as a criminal gang/gang members. It makes as much sense as calling Dead Heads or Parrot Heads gang members... There is absolutely a subset of Juggalos committing crimes. Yes, they have common identifying characteristics (signs, colors, names), and there are certainly 3 or more -- but I don't agree that you can say that they are committing crimes AS A PRIMARY FUNCTION of that assocation. MS, the Bloods, Crips, 18th Street, Latin Kings... Yeah, you can point the group committing crimes as a primary function of what they do. Harder to do the Juggalos, in my experience.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

    TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

    "Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

    All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

  12. #12
    code3bg's Avatar
    code3bg is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Join Date
    06-21-12
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    61
    Rep Power
    70745
    Quote Originally Posted by Jks9199 View Post
    This is actually why I disagree with simply classifying all Juggalos as a criminal gang/gang members. It makes as much sense as calling Dead Heads or Parrot Heads gang members... There is absolutely a subset of Juggalos committing crimes. Yes, they have common identifying characteristics (signs, colors, names), and there are certainly 3 or more -- but I don't agree that you can say that they are committing crimes AS A PRIMARY FUNCTION of that assocation. MS, the Bloods, Crips, 18th Street, Latin Kings... Yeah, you can point the group committing crimes as a primary function of what they do. Harder to do the Juggalos, in my experience.
    I see your point, to an extent. I've heard this before, usually from the Juggle-heads themselves. To prove their actions are "in furtherance of a criminal street gang" (our exact statutory wording here in Wyoming, which is basically another way of saying "primary function") is not easy to do everywhere. A lot of Juggalos are just grungy shit bags who like ICP. But more and more, even here, they are being tied to drugs, robbery, assault and vandalism. Some sets are showing structure and operating in a much more organized manner. I say that the actions of some have screwed the group as a whole. They ARE a gang (by definition) and their actions (the actions of the "few bad ones") have further solidified them as a potentially violent group who needs to be documented and watched. You compared them to Parrot Heads. I almost pissed my pants picturing a bunch of guys in Tommy Bahama shirts and flip flops doing some of the things I've seen Juggalos do, for that I truly thank you! And if those stylish beach bums did those kinds of things nation wide, yes... they would be in my files too. I honestly can't stop thinking about that and it just doesn't get any less hilarious!

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •