Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Xiphos

Thread: Hiker killed by bear he was photographing

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Hiker killed by bear he was photographing

A southern California man killed by a grizzly bear in Alaska's backcountry was shooting photos of the animal that killed him just moments before the attack, a National Park Service official said Sunday. The bear that killed Richard White, 49, was still with his body when rangers found him in Denali National Park on Saturday, the official said.
    The San Diego resident had been backpacking alone for three nights when he was mauled to death by the bear, according to a park service statement.
    Photographs found in his camera revealed that White was watching the bear for at least eight minutes near a river before the attack.
    "The bear was generally unaware that he was there until the last couple of shots, then his attention turned," park spokeswoman Maureen McLaughlin said.
    More here: Hiker photographs bear just before fatal grizzly attack - CNN.com

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That amazing and beautiful animal is dead because that idiot entered his habitat with no respect. The rules are there for a reason, it isn't Jellystone. If you can't respect the animals while a guest in their home stay away. Go watch Animal Planet on tv.
    ManImBored and mack like this.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information