Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ducky

Thread: S.C. Officer Fired after Posting about Traffic Stop with Clemson Head Coach.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

S.C. Officer Fired after Posting about Traffic Stop with Clemson Head Coach.

Click the link for the full story:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...affic-citation

Cop fired after Dabo Swinney post

A South Carolina police officer has been fired after posting details of a traffic stop ofClemson coach Dabo Swinney on a University of South Carolina message board.
    CPl. Michael McClatchy was fired Monday for using company equipment to detail his version of the events, Pickens (S.C.) Police Department chief Rodney Gregory said in a statement Friday.
    Mike and Mike in the Morning

ESPN football guru Mel Kiper Jr. covers Matt Barkley, Stanford's upset of USC, Michigan-Notre Dame, Clemson-Florida State and more.

On Sept. 3, McClatchy stopped a vehicle driven by Swinney for speeding, according to Gregory, who said the Clemson coach was traveling 63 mph in a 35 mph zone.
    Swinney told McClatchy that he was late for his radio show at the BI-LO supermarket in Pickens, where he was pulled over. The officer cited Swinney for speeding, but reduced the penalty to a minimum fine and points, according to Gregory.
    Last Friday, McClatchy posted his details of the events at 247sports.com in order to "clear the air for all involved."
    In the posting, McClatchy said he believed Swinney "thought he would be excused for the violation and continue to his (radio) appointment." He also said Swinney and his brother, who was a passenger, were asked to have a seat in the vehicle but did not.
    Swinney's brother, a retired Alabama police officer, according to the Pickens County Courier, asked that McClatchy take into consideration his more than 30 years of experience as a cop, McClatchy wrote on 247sports.com.
    McClatchy added that after he gave Swinney a citation, the Clemson coach gave him "what I would call an unfriendly glare, shook his head and proceeded to enter Bi-lo."
    ACC blog

ESPN.com's Heather Dinich writes about all things ACC in the conference blog.
    Blog network:
    College Football Nation

The posting eventually was taken off the website, according to the Courier.
    Gregory said both McClatchy and Swinney acted in a professional manner during the incident but that McClatchy was fired for violation of city computer policy, violation of code of ethics and violation of general orders.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good Lord. We can't have a sports god offended. Damn good thing that officer was fired before he went completely rouge.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'm hoping there's a chief nearby who is a Carolina fan that will hire this officer quickly.
    JLK likes this.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Was it stupid to post about this? Yes. How many other officers there have been fired for his listed offenses?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Was it stupid to post about this? Yes. How many other officers there have been fired for his listed offenses?

Stupid but a lesson for all of us to note. That agency computer is theirs and they can ding you for how you use it.

Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Had he not used their computer they would have head hunted him for something else. No matter how good you are if you are hunted long enough they will catch you slipping.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Pickens is a very, very short drive from Clemson and the Clemson/Carolina rivalry in this state is ridiculous.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information