Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Blast at Tuthilltown Spirits distillery in Gardiner leaves no one hurt; offices remain open

GARDINER, N.Y. — An explosion and fire in the production room at Tuthilltown Spirits, where whiskey and other alcoholic beverages are made, damaged the distillery Monday morning, but did not close the business, a family member said.

“We’re OK. No one was in the building when it happened,” said Cathy Erenzo. “Luckily, there wasn’t too much damage.”

She said the explosion occurred at 10 a.m., before most employees arrived for the day. No customers were on the property, she said.

The Ulster County Sheriff’s Office said a preliminary investigation shows no evidence of foul play. Authorities said a tank containing alcohol may have ruptured, causing the alcohol to come in contact with a heat source and igniting a fire.

The fire was was extinguished within 35 minutes, (I bet it was) according to a Gardiner Fire Department assistant chief. New Paltz, Shawangunk Valley, Wallkill, Walker Valley, Modena and Clintondale firefighters assisted. (and I bet more were on the way)
    Blast at Tuthilltown Spirits distillery in Gardiner leaves no one hurt; offices remain open - DailyFreeman.com
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    A distillery that doesn't open till after 10 am. I see a second career after I done with this gig.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information