Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Police chief and officer both lose right to carry guns after committing crimes, leaving a K-9 as the only certified member of New Mexico town's police force

A drug-sniffing dog now is the only certified member of the police force in the small eastern New Mexico town of Vaughn.
    Police Chief Ernest "Chris" Armijo decided to step down Wednesday after news stories reported that he wasn't allowed to carry a gun because of his criminal background.

A second police officer in Vaughn, Brian Bernal, was hired in the spring, but he had his own legal problems: In January of 2011, Bernal pleaded guilty to assault and battery against a household member, which prohibits him from owning a firearm by federal law, KOB.com said.

But Romero said not having an officer qualified to carry a gun didn't put Vaughn at risk. "England doesn't allow police officers to carry guns," he said. "Sometime the strongest weapon in law enforcement is communication."

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...o-the-dog?lite

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I guess they'll have lots of practice figuring out how to revamp their hiring process...
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information