Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By keith720
  • 1 Post By Jks9199

Thread: Defense: Navy Actions Led to Pirate Hostage Deaths

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO

Defense: Navy Actions Led to Pirate Hostage Deaths

Ya gotta be shitting me. read the article and comments. And they wonder whypeople think lawyers suck.

NORFOLK -- Attorneys for three Somali men charged in the deaths of four Americans during a pirate attack in the Arabian Sea last year say the Navy and FBI's efforts to rescue the hostages led to the killings.

The Navy's "aggressive actions" and "the failure to conduct the negotiations with the Somalis in a proper fashion" created an unstable situation "that resulted in the violent deaths of eight individuals," defense lawyers argue

Defense: Navy Actions Led to Pirate Hostage Deaths | Military.com

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Unbelievable! I will refrain from any comparison to any subspecies, because it would be an insult to the subspecies. To say they are money-grubbing, dirt-hugging, mouth breathing oxygen thieveing wastes of skin is an understatement.
    IMGreat101 likes this.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Actually, I find myself in agreement with the lawyers. Next time, send the SEALs in right away, kill all the pirates, and they won't kill anyone else. In fact, send the SEALs in proactively to call on the lawyers.
    lewisipso likes this.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I actually feel sorry for the lawyers in this case. The shitbags had to have representation by law, and I can almost guarantee that those poor saps drew the short straws. That said, they should have thought about that before becoming defense attorneys.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    I actually feel sorry for the lawyers in this case. The shitbags had to have representation by law, and I can almost guarantee that those poor saps drew the short straws. That said, they should have thought about that before becoming defense attorneys.
    What's amazing or highly credible, I don't what word to use, is that I know some defense attorneys who absolutely would have taken the case, even seeking it out -- solely to ensure that they got good, zealous representation. They're usually also the guys that don't play the BS games -- but fight hard for their client.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I understand the concept of legal representation, I really do. However, it would be refreshing to see a defense attorney concerned, at least a little bit, about the whole justice thing. I haven't met even one yet.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I think next time, we just set Obama on the pirate's ass so he can take care of them like he did Osama!
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    I think next time, we just set Obama on the pirate's ass so he can take care of them like he did Osama!
    Actually, Nobama didn't do a damn thing in taking out Osama. According to reports, he was asked months before the attack for the OK to get him, but listened to Valarie Jarret when she (said) advised against it. It was only after urging by the CIA that he FINALLY gave the OK. He just said yes; didn't plan it, gear up for it, participate in it, etc. It just happined on his watch. He should get no credit for anything except saying yes. The Theater Commander should be the highest official to give the go ahead. Since when did the President micromanage military operations? The last one I remember was that crook from Texas, LBJ, and, oh yeah, Hitler. Look what it got them. LBJ lost popularity and didn't run for re-election; Hitler lost.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Originally Posted by keith720
    Actually, Nobama didn't do a damn thing in taking out Osama.
    I was being sarcastic. Obama was sitting on a golf cart somewhere planning his next taxpayer funded vacation, most likely.

Winston Churchill

Thread Information