• 2 Post By Jks9199
  • 5 Post By Ducky
  • 1 Post By E-man
  • 2 Post By Ducky

Thread: Tattoo artist banned from career day at his daughter's middle school

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Tattoo artist banned from career day at his daughter's middle school

Parents at the school said they don't want a tattoo artist sharing what they call his "alternative lifestyle," with their kids.
    He said he practices a legitimate business and has every right to share his experience at his daughter's middle school career day.
    After all of the complaints, the school's principal banned him from career day.
    Tattoo artist denied daughter's career day visit | ABC57 | South Bend IN News, Weather and Sports | Monday

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'm not a tat fan at all. My Cub Scout leader was, and Mike had some naked ladies doing dances on his ams that are probably still illegal in this state. Hell of a good role model in a hundred ways for we silly man-boys.

Banning it from career day just makes it more interesting.
    Jks9199 likes this.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Total bs! As he says -- the guy's got a legit business. He's not offering to tattoo kids in the classroom. These are probably the same sorts of people who'd bitch that someone has guns in their house...
    Pudge and rob84 like this.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Saw this on the news the other day. He's done two career days before, for the same school. He tells kids the dangers of getting tattooed in places other than a sterile, licensed shop. Tells kids it's illegal to get them before they're 18. He does not glamorize it.

From Tattoo artist Walter Smith says parents voiced concerns that he's promoting 'alternative lifestyle'

Smith told ABC Action News his message in the classroom is one of discouragement when it comes to getting tattoos or piercing before the age of eighteen.

He also tries to school the students on how to properly get a tattoo or piercing. Smith points to many young kids he meets that have contracted infections after trying to tattoo or pierce themselves.

"Teenagers are going to go out and do what they want and I'd rather educate them to make a wise decision. Do it in the proper way instead of taking a sewing needle and shoving it through your belly button," he explained.

Smith says he also talks to the students about how tattoos and piercings are similar to surgical procedures. Smith says he talks about the importance of sterilization because diseases like Hepatitis and HIV can be spread through unclean needles.
    Sounds like kids need to hear about that kind of thing.
    Pudge, KaiGywer, Buttercup and 2 others like this.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO
    So, what do these same parents do when they need assistance and the cop/fireman/EMS who arrive have tattoos? Ask for a different cop/fireman/EMS who isn't promoting an alternate lifestyle?

And yes, BIG has four tattoos and is currently trying to put a sleeve tattoo together.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    He tells kids the dangers of getting tattooed in places other than a sterile, licensed shop. Tells kids it's illegal to get them before they're 18. He does not glamorize it. Sounds like kids need to hear about that kind of thing.
    Sounds like this problem is solved.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

E-man is offline No bird but dog and 3 cats
    Verified LEO
    Political Correctness is KILLING this country. I wish Michael Savage was still on the air and he knew about this issue
    Policefan1978 likes this.
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    My daughter told me yesterday she is going to get her first tattoos tomorrow. I object, not because she's getting tattooed, but because of the "what" and "where" of it. She wants to get "Carpe" on one inner wrist, and "Diem" on the other inner wrist. Bad placement, and far from original. Earlier this week she had to borrow gas money from us, and still owes us a good bit of money on top of that, so there's that. But she's going to go to a shop, possibly one of the ones where I've had work done, so at least she will be safe. I'd rather be bitching about the other things instead of finding out she has a fun new blood-born disease.
    lewisipso and Policefan1978 like this.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Policefan1978 is offline Officer First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by E-man View Post
    Political Correctness is KILLING this country. I wish Michael Savage was still on the air and he knew about this issue
    E-Man you said a mouthful. Speaking of Michael Savage I looked up his name and found out he went back on air as of Oct 23 2012. I like Michael Savage myself but finding a station that is brave enough to broadcst hisshow is getting harder to do.
    May God be with you and your families as you Protect and Serve.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Is it just me, or does it seem like the number of f-ed up stories coming from my state is on the rise? hehehe
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

Thread Information