Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Standard Dave

Thread: Foster family in UK loses kids due to political views

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Foster family in UK loses kids due to political views

A British couple who acted as foster parents for three children have had them removed from their care because of their political views.
    A local authority in northern England said it took the decision after discovering the foster parents supported the right-wing UK Independence Party (UKIP).
    It said it was concerned about the party's policies on immigration and the fact the children were not white.
    Speaking to the BBC, Joyce Thacker, strategic director of children and young people's services at the council, said she had to decide whether some foster placements were appropriate for particular children.
    "These [particular] children are from EU migrant backgrounds and UKIP has very clear statements on ending multiculturalism, [on] not having that going forward, and I have to think about how sensitive am I being to these children," she said.
    UKIP's leader Nigel Farage condemned the council's move.
    "We are a non-racist, non-sectarian political party... They (the couple) were giving those children love and stability and all the things they need," he said.
    "They have been discriminated against.... on the basis that they support a party that says we shouldn't be part of the European Union and we should control our borders and that is the most appalling prejudice."

Foster family in UK loses kids due to political views - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Shameful. The frightened response of the hopelessly institutionalized.

This would be akin to supporting removing children from '1980 campaigning Reagan' brand of libertarianism which is far from Harry Browne. UKIP is trying to rewind back to a state we are just now hitting (as I understand there/here).

This is their bogeyman. Decide for yourself what the message is.

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    UKIP Is only a small political party here, and at elections don't have a candidate for each available area. If they did, I think they would be the next Government.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Sounds like California. If you own firearms you are usually ineligible to foster
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    UKIP want to close our borders to other Europeans.

Why? Because ALL members of the EU have right to come to the UK and instantly claim benefits. Unemployment, health care, child allowance, housing, etc etc. Which means we pay more tax to pay for this influx, but can't afford to look after people that were born an bred here.

Cameron promised a Referendum, on staying or leaving the EU, IF he got elected. Still waiting!
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Cameron promised a Referendum, on staying or leaving the EU, IF he got elected. Still waiting!
    That was binned in the coalition agreement when they got rid of everything that just said to try and get your vote but had no intention of doing. So we all got something we didn't vote for and don't want.
    Trojan 42 likes this.
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

Thread Information