Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By keith720
  • 3 Post By Trojan 42
  • 5 Post By keith720
  • 1 Post By Xiphos
  • 2 Post By Trojan 42
  • 1 Post By Trojan 42

Thread: Suicide of nurse who fell for prank call of Australian DJs impersonating UK King and Queen and asking about Dutchess's health leads to condemnations of the parnk

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Suicide of nurse who fell for prank call of Australian DJs impersonating UK King and Queen and asking about Dutchess's health leads to condemnations of the parnk

One of the nurses fooled by the prank, Jacintha Saldanha, 46, was found dead yesterday, having apparently committed suicide.
    Mrs Saldanha was working on reception when she took the call at 5.30am on Tuesday from the two presenters, Mel Greig and Michael Christian.She put the call straight through to the Duchess's ward, where another nurse spent two minutes chatting about the Duchess's condition and treatment.The prank call was pre-recorded and vetted by lawyers before being broadcast to listeners in Sydney.Mrs Saldanha, a 46-year-old mother of two, was found unconscious on Friday morning close to the hospital where the Duchess spent three nights earlier this week being treated for severe pregnancy sickness.The Australian Communications and Media Authority, which regulates radio broadcasting in the country, said it had been inundated with complaints about the stunt and there have been calls for the two presenters to be sacked.
    Duchess of Cambridge hospital accuses DJs of humiliating nurses with prank call - Telegraph

Trojan 42 is offline Retired Ninja
    Verified LEO
    Jenna we don't have a King.
    To be born an Englishman, is to be a winner in the Lottery of Life.

I've Talked the Talk and I've Walked the Walk, now I Sit the Sit!

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan 42 View Post
    Jenna we don't have a King.

Verified LEO
    Nice Jenna, but the Act of Succession means that marrying the Queen does not make you King. However there are moves afoot to change the Act to allow girls to accede the throne, should they be 'first born'. So that if William and Katherine have a girl she would be allowed to become Queen, over any boys they may later have. But if she marries, her husband would still not be King.

It's not until you look at an Ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny day, that you realise just how often they burst into flames for no reason!

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Trojan, you're lucky you don't have a King. We don't either, but we have a president that acts like one!
    Cidp24 likes this.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Verified LEO
    Could be worse Keith. You could have a President that acts like a Queen.
    Rhino, Xiphos and Captain America like this.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Could be worse Keith. You could have a President that acts like a Queen.
    What he does in the privacy of his home is his own business.
    Ducky, Trojan 42, rob84 and 2 others like this.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Nice Jenna, but the Act of Succession means that marrying the Queen does not make you King. However there are moves afoot to change the Act to allow girls to accede the throne, should they be 'first born'. So that if William and Katherine have a girl she would be allowed to become Queen, over any boys they may later have. But if she marries, her husband would still not be King.
    What's the point of all this now? I admit ignorance here, from my perspective you have a government that runs everything so the royal family is just a lucky bunch of people that get to live nicely on the public dole. Is there more to this than just weird hand waving?
    Emily likes this.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Verified LEO
    Our Royal Family generate income from tourism and the like. It costs us about a dollar a year each to keep them. Our Pomp and Caeremony are the best in the world and a tradition we are proud of, and long may it continue. Technically no laws can be passed unless Her Majesty signs them. After an election the winning party is invited, by the Monarch, to form a government.

Every Officer in the British Army holds The Queen's Commission, signed by Her Majesty. My son's hangs on his wall.
    Car 4 and Xiphos like this.

Verified LEO
    Forgot to say, Police Officers and the Armed Forces swear allegiance to the Crown, so the Government can't tell the police or military what to do without the Queen saying so. Wish she'd told us to arrest Blair for the lying bastard he is! I could never get tired of punching that man.
    Standard Dave likes this.

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    Trojan, you're lucky you don't have a King. We don't either, but we have a president that acts like one!

Can't agree with you more.

Thread Information