Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

NRA calls for armed police officer in every school

WASHINGTON (AP) The nation's largest gun-rights lobby called Friday for armed police officers to be posted in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings."
    The National Rifle Association broke its silence on last week's shooting rampage at a Connecticut elementary school that left 26 children and staff dead.
    "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun," the group's top lobbyist, Wayne LaPierre, said at a Washington news conference.
    LaPierre said "the next Adam Lanza," the man responsible for last week's mayhem, is planning an attack on another school.
    "How many more copycats are waiting in the wings for their moment of fame from a national media machine that rewards them with wall-to-wall attention and a sense of identity that they crave, while provoking others to try to make their mark," LaPierre said. "A dozen more killers, a hundred more? How can we possibly even guess how many, given our nation's refusal to create an active national database of the mentally ill?"

NRA calls for armed police officer in every school - Yahoo! News
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    A solution that could actually work. Imagine that
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

That Guy is offline No one in particular
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would prefer the armed guards to already be in the schools not wearing a uniform. Allow those that wish to exercise a CC permit to use it. Legislate anyone engaging an active shooter to be exempt from any criminal and civil prosecution, PERIOD. Train any teacher willing to take on the responsibility and give them an extra $5k a year for doing so. More guards for less money.

Thread Information