Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Administrators at school for disabled children stage a fake school shooting without telling all the teachers and students

“We really thought we were not going home that night,” one teacher said. “It was probably the worst feeling I ever had in my life.”Less than a week after the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School, in Newtown, Conn., a lockdown exercise on Tuesday morning at Public School 79 in East Harlem caused alarm, as not everyone understood there was to be a drill.
    P.S. 79, the Horan School, serves 300 students with special needs, including those with severe emotional disabilities, autism, cerebral palsy and other disorders. The students range in age from 12 to 21, one staff member said.The lockdown drill began about 10 a.m. on Tuesday with a woman’s voice on the school’s loudspeaker saying, “ ‘Shooter,’ or ‘intruder,’ and ‘get out, get out, lockdown,’ ” said the staff member, who added that it seemed so realistic that it was hard to tell if the woman speaking was actually talking to a gunman or to teachers and students throughout the school.At 10:01 a.m., a woman dialed 911 from her cellphone and said she had heard a message over the loudspeaker “that there was an intruder in the school, and that she was in the class with her students,” said a Police Department spokeswoman.Officers from the 25th Precinct station house responded, she said. When they arrived a minute later, school officials told them that it was just a drill.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/20/ed...m.html?_r=1&#h[SSaIwa,1]

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Morons.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    Training for reality, next week I assume is fire drill?
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

That Guy is online now No one in particular
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Standard Dave View Post
    Training for reality, next week I assume is fire drill?
    Exactly.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Outrage not found. Though if you're not going to tell staff then the police should be tipped to the drill. (That's not procedure already?) I sure hope they don't throw out the findings if some teachers absolutely blew it. If there was a way to avoid frightening kids unduly while not alerting staff that'd be my policy. Unduly just becoming my word of the day.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hopefully in the panic the moron who authorized this tripped over and found some commonsense.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Thread Information