Welcome to the APBWeb.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jim1348

Thread: Dallas police to prioritize warrants for repeat and dangerous domestic violence offenders

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Dallas police to prioritize warrants for repeat and dangerous domestic violence offenders

In the city’s latest move to combat domestic violence, Dallas police will now prioritize serving arrest warrants to repeat offenders and to abusers of victims believed to be in imminent danger.Prioritizing arrest warrants for abusers who are flagged as particularly dangerous was one change announced Thursday afternoon at a city hall press conference. The chair of the city’s domestic violence task force, councilwoman Delia Jasso, said the city is working with Dallas police and local shelters to make changes to decrease domestic violence.Other plans included launching a more aggressive awareness campaign and implementing a domestic violence related program in Dallas schools.
    Police will prioritize warrants for repeat and dangerous domestic violence offenders, city officials announce | The Scoop Blog

Jim1348 is offline Rookie
    Verified LEO

Dallas Police To Prioritize Warrants For Repeat And Dangerous Domestic Violence Offenders

Thank you for posting that. I though perhaps they got a grant for that because I know of an agency near me that did get a Violence Against Women Act grant. I didn't see any mention in the article about a grant, though. I also didn't see any mention of the sheriff's office. In many areas warrants are there thing, but maybe it is very different in Texas.

USDOJ: Office on Violence Against Women: Grant Programs
    lewisipso likes this.

Thread Information